I think I text a guy I met online too much. Is there anyway to fix it?

I met this guy online a couple of weeks ago. The first week, we text a lot, not incessant but randomly throughout the day. I'd say it was about equal in who was initiating the contact. Anyways, he complimented me often, and we seem to have a lot in common. Well within the last 5 days, I seem to be the one initiating the contact. He always responds back, usually fairly quickly. But, I'm afraid it is getting to the point where I've text him to much. He said yesterday that he was super busy this week. I don't know if I should text him a "hope you have a good day" text or just cool off till he texts me. One guy friend says men like it when women text daily to let them know they are thinking of them. Another says the opposite. I'm not sure I've text too much but I feel if I'm thinking I have, I probably have. What should I do from here? I would really like to get to know this guy better.

P.S. As a side note, we have not met in person yet. We live about an hour away from each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I like when the girl texts or messages me first. I try to do it first sometimes too but we usually end up talking about things she brings up so I like her to start. If he keeps responding to you when you start then I think it's OK for you to keep doing that, he's probably comfortable with that as well.

What Guys Said 2

• I've been talking to this girl for 3 weeks, everyday, and I love when she starts the conversation (She does it a lot). I did ask her out, and she said that she'll let me know... But anyway, if he reply fast and he doesn't give short answers, you shouldn't worry.

• You're quite overanaylzing things. He likes talking to you, and that's more than enough.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd say lay low a bit until his week is no longer busy