Guys, do you cuddle with girls who are JUST friends?

Would a guy cuddle with and sleep in the same bed as a girl friend that he has no romantic interest in?

We are friends who have been hanging out - no kissing. Our hang-outs end in sleepovers in which we spoon and massage each other while talking. He's been the one who pursues the hang outs and initiates the sleepovers.

He mentioned having girls sleepover, but made it sound completely innocuous: people sharing a bed simply because sleep is a requirement. I feel like there was zero need to share this information; could he be making a point to tell me that this behavior has no significance?

Gentlemen, what do you think?

I've gone against my good judgment and started liking him, so I just want to know what you guys think about how much of a sap I am and what the next move may be!

Likewise...ladies, do you have any experience with this? Any stories start out this way and end happily ever after? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have cuddled with girls that are just friends. You can cuddle and not be romantic about it.

• Thanks for the input. Where do you draw the line, then, with the cuddling? What's out of (or in) bounds?

• Then this is something you will have to decide for yourself. Find a comfort level and be consistent.

• Yaaaay! Tanks :)

What Guys Said 7

• There is no such thing as a JUST friend. IF we cuddle her, then she's not JUST a friend. even though she may think she is just a friend!

He's just not in a hurry to have sex, for any of a myriad of reasons.

• Thanks. Yes, this absolutely seems like the truth! It would be fine with me to take it slow too...if I knew that was what was going on!

• You can be sure he just wants to take it slow!

Best Answer, nol?

• I wouldn't cuddle with especially after hanging out with a girl if I had NO romantic interest in... Cuddling is an intimate thing, and I won't just cuddle any girl

• Thank you! It is SO intimate, right? I typically only let someone invade my personal space if I like them...

• Secretly, he would bang her if he got the chance...

• No I don't and I smell bs

• No. I only cuddle with a girl whom I find attractive and see as more than a friend.

• Thanks...so when and how do you make the move to take it beyond friendship?

• It's possible that he doesn't have feelings for you. But I think most likely he does.

• By the way, of course there's such a thing as 'just friends'. I wouldn't have sex with any of my female friends.

• Thank you for you input! I like to think that men and women are capable of friendships, but I think only in certain circumstances does it develop: one doesn't find the other attractive physically or mentally, or one has a significant other. If either of those situations are satisfied in this scenario, it could explain why he hasn't tried going for a kiss...

• Don't you get it? There is no such thing as "just friends"...

• Profound. Mind blown. I've always suspected this.

So...all of this behavior...the end goal is romance (or 'something' like it)?

Is this a chess game and it's my turn to make a move?

• All about who's in control

What Girls Said 2

• Fantastic question! I was wondering the same thing. I'm was so used to "if you sleep in the same bed with a guy.. he's gona make a move 100%"

But then, by circumstances, I ended up in the same bed with a guy... who did NOT make a move, all night. So alright, I figured, this guy doesn't like me. But 2 weeks later, we were dating. He had been so polite, later he said it was because he respected me so much he didn't want to cross the line too soon

• That's fantastic for you two! A rare catch too! (sigh) Gives me hope :)

• Close friends always do this and there's no malice in it..