What should I do after I contacted my ex boyfriend after a year?

College has ended for my ex boyfriend and I. We went to different schools and he broke up with me because he wanted to be alone and not be tied down. He said it was not me and told his brother he could see us getting back in the future. I barely contacted him during the school year. Finally, I congratulated him a few days ago for graduating college. I also texted him a few days later, asking if he would want to catch up because it has been a long time since we spoken or seen each other. He told me he really didn't know and that we could just text. Then I said "you can't face me, I guess, and I said its fine, goodnight." He texted right away saying "We will talk about it another day goodnight, and said my name." I still have feelings for him, what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's quite clear that he doesn't want to see you again. You should just keep on ignoring him for life.

What Guys Said 4

• leave it for now - you've let him know you're interested in catching up, and now it's up to him to decide whether he's interested in that too.

• idk contacting an ex and saying "I hope we can catch up" it just means to some "let's hook up I am h**ny". so take it smoothly and take your time texting

• He seems a bit cold and at the same time he is leaving the door open. Wait for couple of days and offer a coffee and a cake to celebrate the graduation.

• Daily message him and show you are still intrested...

What Girls Said 2

• It has been a while since you guys have spoken or seen each other. He may not want to stir up the past or he may fear that you still do have feelings for him and it isn't mutual. That is why he doesn't want to see you. I know, anything that has to do with break-ups is really hard.

If he wants to rekindle your relationship, it is up to him. The ball is in his court now, you've done about all you can do at the moment. He said you guys will talk about it another time so let him contact you. If he wants to see you, he will arrange it. You have already let him know that you are open to getting together.

Best of luck!

• basically there's nothing you should do,he has a girlfriend it is so obvious

• how can you tell he has a girlfriend?

• my boyfriend didn't like to talk on the phone..and the reason he didn't want to be with me now, was because he didn't want to be tie down to anyone. so I think your just saying he has a girlfriend..because I know he doesn't

• manuy guys who break up say they don't want to be tied down because they want to be free to date around,that doesn't mean he doesn't have a gf..but if that's what you want to believe its ok,lets see what others think,this is just my experience as well as others I know