How do I get over this guy I'm infatuated with?

It's really dumb and embarassing but I am infatuated with this guy. I've known him for about 6 months and we went on a few dates but I just can't handle dating right now. And my friends have told me that he is not a good guy for me. But I can't get him off of my mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like forbidden fruit. You're not good for a relationship, and he is no good for you. Naturally you want him. Not sure how to fix that. I suppose one way is to have a wild night of passion, to get it out of your system, but really I can't suggest that, because mainly, I don't know if it will work. For some it might but not everyone. Another thing I can suggest is to maybe put him out of your life for a while, until he starts getting out of your system. But really that's all I got.

Sorry, I got nothing.

What Guys Said 1

• You should just stop from hanging out with him at the moment. That should give you time and space to think things over.

• I stopped hanging out with him and deleted him from my Facebook friend list, But, I keep thinking about him, and I dreamed about him last night :/

What Girls Said 2

• Ive been there and you just have to distract yourself, go out more, meet other guys, just stay busy. Also distance yourself from him till your over it cause if you stalk his fb/twitter whatever or talk to him all the time or even sometimes itll just keep you stuck on him. Just give it time and distance your self and stay busy! you'll get over it don't worry :)

• Date other guys and distract yourself.