How come when I go on a date with a girl they never even bring any money?

I like to have everything equal and split the bill and everything. I want to spend quality time with them and not have to buy their stuff. I think it's so rude that a girl would do that and I don't go on another date with them. Is it that unusual to find a girl who brings money and pays her half and has no problem with that or am I just getting unlucky?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always like to split the bill with the guy. I don't like to make him feel like I'm doing him a favor by going out with him.

What Girls Said 3

• Um, typically the person who ASKS the other person for the date should pay for all of it. It's rude of you to ask for the date and then only pay for yourself.

When I ask my boyfriend to go out with me, I pay. When he asks me to go do something, he pays. Or sometimes he'll pay for dinner and I'll pay for the movie or whatever. But he's my boyfriend so that's a bit different.

If you're just casually dating, if you ask for the date then you should pay.

• Yeah but nobody is going to ask me on a date and I wouldn't want them to pay for me. I think it's rude to expect somebody to pay for you

• Yeah, some probably would. Like I said, I pay for my boyfriend sometimes and sometimes we split it. But we're in a relationship so I think that's a bit different. I guess you'll just have to get used to it then unless you can find a girl who doesn't care or is willing to pay for herself.

• nah I refuse to keep doing it. I'll just keep waiting and waiting til I find one that likes splitting the bill

• The first couple dates I went on with my boyfriend I tried to pay for some things, but he would never let me so I stopped. I carry a little money on me just incase, but I don't force it.

• that's fine if the guy is that way but I think its rude to have no money and expect me to pay for them. It's nice that you would pay though

• You asked HER out.

• and a girl is totally going to ask me out...

What Guys Said 3

• You're unlucky to an extent if they're expecting you to do it... Most girls I date do feel like they should contribute to anything I pay for to do with them or a date. At the same time I think it's being a gentleman, and seen as good manners to want to do it for someone. Of course you don't want to be dating the financial black hole.

• That's because you ask them out. Inviting someone out means you're going to pay.

• No girl is going to ask me out and I'm not going to pay everything every date

• Tell them in advance, and if they don't agree to the date, you know they were just using you for a free meal.

• i figure if a girl is actually excited about going on a date with me she will have no problem and will be happy to pay for herself. And if she makes a problem out of it she's was never really interested in me