Guys, what is it that tells you/makes you think, you are dating a gold digger?

and why, do some of you date them any ways?

Like, I'm looking for specific things that make you think she is one..

Not your friends telling you she is.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are two types of gold-diggers: those who want your money NOW, and those who want it EVENTUALLY.

The first type is so obvious that only the densest guys could miss the signs: that kind of girl is always looking for ways that you can spend your money on HER. Taking her out to nice places, going on trips or vacations, or even more directly by her asking for cash or for him to buy her stuff.

The second type is more of the Anna Nicole Smith type: a 20-year-old girl who gets with an 80-year-old guy with failing health who just "happens" to be worth nearly a billion dollars, and when he died, she fought for a decade trying to get that money. At the time, this type can be harder to see for the guy, because she's not necessarily asking for a lot *right now*, and the guy could convince himself her attention was genuine, despite some pretty obvious evidence to the contrary.

Even when I was making very good money, I could easily avoid this type of girl: when I start dating a girl, I don't spend much money on her at all. My investment in her is time and attention instead. Girls who are serious about a relationship LOVE that, and girls who are looking for a payday tend to have little patience for low or no-cost dates: they want to be taken to trendy, expensive places and publically have a bunch of money spent on them, so they can feel superior to the people around them. It's actually kind of hilarious to see their expression when you tell them that your date is going to be a picnic or a walk or something like that.

The point is: I *don't* date golddiggers, and I specifically weed them out early. There are plenty of guys who have money, but are very insecure with women and want to BUY themselves a relationship, even if they say otherwise. They may get hot girls, but I don't envy them at all; I laugh at them. They'll go through hell, and they'll pay through the nose for the privilege. No thank you.

What Guys Said 11

• I have been hit on by gold diggers even though I have no gold as they so desire.

Typically they'll try to ask me for a drink and I'll just tell them that I won't especially since they're trying to squeeze money out of me.

In rare cases, first things they talk about after a while is my financial situation or they talk about how poor they are/how much their debt is etc. and that's when my alarm clock inside of me goes off.

• So, any girl/woman who asks you to buy them a drink is a gold digger?

• So, if a girl you found really attractive, got up the courage to come over to you at a bar/club.. and asked you to buy her something to drink while you get to know one another..

You wouldn't consider it?

• The thing is, I hate being used.. I already have a father who's a complete pushover to my stepmother, and she haven't been nice to me.

I love to give a drink when I feel like doing so, I do it frequently with my friends as I care about them (at least more than some random girl).

Also, despite my experiences with my dad I've seen cases where some chick walks up to a guy, asks for a drink, receives it and walks away from him somewhere else.

I might just be the oddball here, I don't know really.

• If she's a girl who only tends to hit on girls way above her social status. She may not have any goals or aspirations of her own. She may expect the guy to do everything financial and not expect to pitch in at all this is the 21st century after all.

I'm incredibly frugal with my money so I wouldn't date anybody who expected me to pay for her share of everything.

• I would never date a gold digger, major turn off for me, I don't care how good looking the girl is no way! I know when everything she says or does focuses around money.

• 1. She wants to do everything that involves money. Things like a walk in the park that doesn't cost money. Or for a jog, is lame to her.

2. She wants everything high quality.

3. She only pays because she wants to keep me by paying for many other things.

4. She takes everything but never genuinely gives. That really just sums it up.

• Well if she for some reason thinks I have any money =P

Would be fun to act rich and f*** greedy women. Then save the impression on their face to video maybe when you revel that the car was rental and I am actually nurse not a doctor with pile of inherited wealth.

Yeah that would be fun. I think I try it sometime.

• Oh but seriously... well if woman thinks she is entitled to my money because she is a woman. If she assumes I am paying for her, she is out.

• Luckily I've never been in such situation, but let's say.. if a girl becomes wussy when a date doesn't involve spending lots of money despite it's still quality time - I'd start to become wary

• If she only takes and never gives.

• So hard questions babe :( ... My brains are so tired

• If she's always requesting something that requires money, she's definitely that type of woman.

• I hate to sound snobby, but if she had a crappy upbringing...a child of divorce, perhaps abused, little education. Also if her past boyfriends were like 15+ years older than her, if I somehow find that out.

If you grow up with your parents fighting over the divorce money, you will probably side with the mother anyway because she gets the kids. A girl in that environment learns from an early age that it pays to manipulate men for money. If she went through abuse she is probably bitter and has a jaded sense of entitlement. Finally, if she lacks a proper education she either is either too dumb to figure out how to earn her own goods, or sees no need because she can simply manipulate an equivalently stupid man with money.

• My mother ran out on my father and I.

She is a gold digger, on husband #4..

I have been abused.

I have had one boyfriend that was 15 years older, but most have been -2 to +4

I only have my high school diploma

Would you think I am a gold digger?

• Well if you're paranoid about how he feels, and you already feel uneasy, then it's probably not gonna work out.

• well, I was going to let time determine that.. who knows, I may lose interest in him by the end of the summer

• Never been in that situation.

If she tried to pressure or tease me into buying her expensive things, then I would think she's a gold-digger. I would dump her.

What Girls Said 2

• she demands a lot more than she is worth, example a totally uneducated girl only wnats to date men with a title, etc.

for example, I have a law degree, so I think it is fair of me to want men on a similar level because it's something in common. but a girl with her GED looking to only date men with a law or med degree, golddigger!

• Good question. How come men can't spot a gold digger from a mile away like women can?

• Sometimes the brain has opposition from other organs.

• God made men with two brains, a big one on top and a small one half-way down. Unfortunately, he only gave us enough of a blood supply to run one at a time.

• Lmao!