Would you date someone with one or more tattoos?

Why or why not? Does it make a difference to you if the tattoos are usually hidden beneath the other person's clothes?

Most Helpful Girl

• If they are quality art I tend to really like them, they can be pretty hot. I don't really like them on the face or neck, but anywhere else is fine. To me tattoos are just a sign of expression, like hair or cloths, just more permanent (it obviously should have some meaning to want it permanently).

What Guys Said 16

• Generally I don't have a thing against tattoos that acquaintances may have, however, I don't find them attractive in terms of dating someone with them. As to the reason why, its because I find skin to be one of the most beautiful assets a female has and the ink from tattoos distorts that. Additionally, while some tattoos look very nice (if sized within reason and tastefully done) but they lose their appeal over time as the colors fade. In terms of dating it doesn't make a difference whether or not the tattoos are concealed with clothing, I just prefer not to date her. This is just my general view but other guys seem not to mind at all, and still some who actually prefer if their woman is inked.

• I don't mind as long as the tattoo isn't glaringly obvious.

• Not attracted to girls with them

• yeah, but its not necessarily a turn on.

• Sure, why not? Sometimes tattoos are real art. If it is made professional it can be really nice. But of course I prefer full natural girls.

• I wouldn't mind as long as it isn't overboard. Also if the tats were too wild I might have a issue.

• i think theyre hot

• Depends in the tattoos but if its not extreme I would probably be fine with it

• Absolutely not.

Shows poor decision making skills, poor long term thinking, and tattoos have been linked to low self esteem.

Why would I want to date someone who choose to artifially handicap themselves in life and limit their opportunities?

• maybe

• It depends on the girl for me. I was kinda seeing this girl who had a one on her wrist and I couldn't stand it on her. it was a huge turn off for me. whereas another girl who was one of my best mates at uni had a few and I thought it was pretty hot on her tbh.

• Yes, of course. It doesn't matter to me.

• If it's usually hidden, then I wouldn't mind.

• I have a tattoo of Obama's face on my left butt-cheek and it says "Oh Bummer!"

• No

• Sure. Tattoos are about self-expression. Who am I to ridicule what someone deems important enough to put on their body? Though, I will never date a female who has an: "Obama, greatest president ever" tattoo.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm not typically into tattoos but I do love my bf's. It fits him, it's simple, tasteful and placed. It's pretty visible though...on his inner forearm.

I don't have any of my own, but I trust his taste.

Typically though, I'm not a fan ofdating guys with tattoos. Visible or not...but I do like some.

• Yeah, I don't mind them. They can look pretty good if they're done tastefully. Visible or hidden, both are okay. My only issue with tattoos is if he's practically covered in them.

• Personally I have dated a few guys with tattoos, some with one, some with more. Either way I find it very attractive ;)

• Of course.

Even if I don't like the tattoos, if I get along with the guy and enjoy hanging out with him, and the tattoo isn't something too bizarre or screams "what the f*ck is wrong with you?" - I can deal :)

• If they are hidden, I probably wouldn't even know if they had any tattoos xD lol

But if they are visible, I hate anything that looks or is gang related... So if it's a gangster looking dude, then no, I wouldn't date him.

• Yes for sure.

• I think tattoos are cool

Everything in moderation :)

• Sure as long as they aren't extreme