Guys: do you ever intentionally stop texting a girl to see if she'll text first?

I feel like most of the time guys always initiate the conversation, as opposed to girls texting/calling first. Does it ever get annoying? And if it does, what do you do? (ex. do you stop texting her and see if she texts you) How do you feel if a girl texts you first? I'm just curious about things from the male perspective.

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if it's getting to the stage where I feel like I have to, I don't want to be clingy. If I'm interested in the girl it'll definitely put a smile on my face if she messages me.

What Guys Said 5

• Same as Just Tired. I've done it a couple times. Even with ordinary friends.

I find it best to avoid doing it from now on... It doesn't do your self-confidence too much good.

• Yes I have tried to but I have just caved in today after 2 days. It makes me wonder if I'm bothering her and also the fact that I may seem clingy as I'm the only one starting the majority of the conversation. The girl should also start an equal amount of the conversation to assure the guy that it is not one sided.

• I did do that once and noticed that I was the only one keeping contact.

• No, I don't do that. If I like her, I'll text her.

• When I first start chatting with this girl, I was the one starting the conversations, and I did stop one day just to see if she really wanted to talk to me, and she started it and I have to say, it felt good.

What Girls Said 0