If a person is physically undesirable would it be pointless to have high standards?

I will take myself as an example. I am a short guy. I'm talking very short. I'm 5'4''. I know most women love tall men so my chances of getting the girl I want will be extremely slim. I have been called cute, handsome and good-looking before but even if I have a pleasant face I know my height (or lack of) will always be a deal breaker for a lot of girls out there. I know when it comes to dating I will be somewhere down the bottom in a girl's list of guys she could possible date. I'm just being realistic about this.

My point is, I am considered physically undesirable because I am so short. So would it be pointless for me to have high standards in a girl? If I'm not able to attract women in the first place or get a date should I still have the right to have high standards?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's like a job opening for a janitor requiring applicants to have a masters degree. It's unrealistic. If you're ugly what can you offer a really pretty person with lots of options? Nothing, they can do better.lower your expectations

If you're short but not really ugly, just go for really short girls, but keep in mind if she's really pretty she can still do better.so go for an average looking short girl

What Girls Said 4

• Yes you definitely have a right to have standards. Those women who considered your height a deal breaker are missing out. There are plenty of girls out there who don't pass guys off because of their height. Unfortunately you still have to sift through the others to find them. Keep looking and don't give up. I have a friend who is over 6' and she married a guy who is 5'4.

• I had a teacher at school and he was probably 5'3 or 5"4. Let me tell you, EVERY SINGLE GIRL (but me) was in love with him. I think he's the most beautiful man on the planet though.

Height will not hinder you as long as you have a good personality.

• No not really, I really like this short guy I've seen out and he's got this amazing confidence about him which makes me like him more, I've looked past his height tbh.

• I would say ugly people really should lower their standards. But you're a little short so just go for shorter girls.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on what you mean by high standards. As long as you're not demanding a supermodel I wouldn't be concerned. It's not like one guy I know of that is overweight and came to me worried about an online contact he talked to on the phone possibly being overweight(and I am thinking look in the mirror!)

Honestly, most girls I hear about wanting tall guys want them for a "dominance" aspect. I know of girls personally who have shorter boyfriends and don't care. You could also consider girls close to your height so that such a difference is negligible.

Another thing is that a lot of girls having ridiculous "standards" that don't even make sense. We got girls out there with dating profiles who actually think they will get a "smart" guy by only dating guys with a Bachelor's degree. Look at how much of a failure our education system is.

• It's not pointless. They always say that if you shoot for the stars, you might land on the moon.

Keep your standards high.

• There is no point in being with a girl you're not happy with. Having a relationship isn't all benefits. It has costs too: it costs you time, energy and money. Unless the benefits outweigh the costs, tere's no point.

• If you truly value yourself and your opinions, you would rather be single than be with a girl you're not happy with. Your own perception of your attractiveness is irrelevant to the issue really.