In this day and age my god

Why even in the times we are in is it more acceptable for an older guy to date young girls but not for an older women to date younger men. Why? I mean I don't care what others do as long as they don't bother me. Why so much judgement. I like younger men and I am not ashamed to admit it!

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't date an older woman personally, but if people are judging you for dating younger guys then tell them to shove it!

What Guys Said 11

• Seeing your age range posted I am guessing that people are telling your younger boyfriend that you're a cougar or something? Not sure what the age difference is.

The main thing is that so many girls accuse guys of being immature and that is why guys never go for older women typically. I do not believe that girls "mature" faster than guys and that each person is an individual. There are plenty of girls that grow up to be 30+ without knowing many common sense things just like guys.

• Bah, I'm married to a woman 10 years older than me... doesn't bother anyone

• What are you talking about? Some people find things like interracial dating or marrying outside the religion to be unacceptable. Fine, for them. If you like seeing younger men then by all means go for it (within reason - you're not a middle school teacher, are you?). You make it sound like there is some kind of social disapproval consensus coming down on you; this is a figment of your imagination, or a sign you need to expand your social group.

I had an older cousin who dated a guy 19 years younger, and wound up marrying one 11 years younger.

Me, I like younger women. That's why I won't teach middle school...

• As long as feelings are mutual between to partners (of legal age), people should stop caring of about how old or young their respective partner is as it doesn't affect those that are bothered by it in any way.

• Good for you, champ! Be proud of who you are!

• It's totally cool, so long as you can find a younger man who likes you back. People's opinion about this should mean nothing. It's also socially acceptable. I can list a tonne of celebrities who dated younger men. Of course, there's a limit to how young you can date. It would be awkward for the guy and his family if you were 40 and the guy was 25.

• Because it is the world of men is the values established in accordance with the man;

• It doesn't matter what other people think, if it what you want (and he wants too xD) there's nothing to stop you.. Personally I'm only intersted in girls my age or younger

• How much younger are the guys you are dating, and what age difference are you talking about with the older men and younger girls?

• can I be your cub?

• I hate to say it, but young women are a prize, and if an older guy can score one then it's a "bigger" accomplishment than some woman past her prime landing a horny young guy who would likely date anyone who would give him the time of day.

• I wouldn't date a guy like that no way. I am not talking young boys or anything just younger men. I am quite glad I do if all young girls are to older men is a prize.

• I don't consider younger men a prize no. I just click better with them. I find men my own age boring to tell you the truth and they don't get my music, taste etc and I don't get theirs. The person I like at the moment no it's not just a physical attraction I have a feeling about HIM, he's decent, hardworking and not up his own backside. I think he would treat a women right to be honest (rare in men my own age)

• I also find older men where I am from to be really bitter and sexist.

What Girls Said 7

• While society has advanced over the decades regarding everything that was once considered uncommon or controversial, there still is a lot of ground to cover in regard to double standards. While I really don't think its much of an issue as it once was, you will always find the hardliners who feel its an issue.

Go with your preferences, follow your heart. You only need to be concerned with what makes you and him happy and try not to let those outside looking in get to you. They're going to do whatever they want and feel is right, shouldn't you?

• I do too, but every time I date a younger guy I get rude comments from everyone who knows about it. During my senior year of high school I was with a guy who for the majority of our relationship was 16 while I was 18 (though when we got together I was 17 and when we broke up, he was). And I've always preferred younger guys because in school I mostly got to know guys in my own grade or one grade below and I was one of the oldest people in my grade so it just worked out that way. At any rate I'm used to it now and I don't think there will ever be such a big age gap that it's considered creepy, but I do like guys who are slightly younger. It's just more comfortable for me and they demand a lot less.

• You go girl! Don't let society rule your true desires, we all have our own turn ons and as long as your not a peado or murderer then who the f*** cares, people need to get on with their own lives as far as I'm concerned.

• I think it's because the "older" woman is seen as dating her "son". Older women are viewed as maternal in society. It's like incest dating : mother and son together

• Son ewww. So older men dating younger girls are dating their daughters? Lol

• Yeah if the female is about 50 and the guy's 25 or the woman looks considerably more physically mature than the guy yeah!.

Yeah that too. lol. You would be surprised but incest relationships are common in US and UK. People don't talk about it in RL... unless it's online... "It's okay to do it as long as we don't talk about it".

• Im not 50 and I don't mean that much of an age gap no. Incest that's vile!

• I do too, and the only person who has ever given me a ration of sh*t about it is my ex boyfriend. He was SO MAD. Nobody else bats an eyelash.

• it is not the number that matters it is the maturity level of the person.

I have seen both genders who are older than me behaving in a childish manner, some of them are even married with children.

• I like younger men to,but this world is extremely judgemental,rigid and ignorant.Its always been that way.So do what makes you happy.