A guy who takes it slow.... Good/bad?

OK ladies, Maybe I watch too many movies but what do you think about a guy who wants to take it slow and kind of feel you out and get to know you really well before taking it to the next level? I'm not sure if I have it backwards but why does it seem like people always have sex first and then it's like well how about we start dating? I'm talking about like dating for a couple months before having sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uhm...

You're like my boyfriend in this matter. He wanted to take things slow.. I mean, slow.

He still does... If I were to run into him before I wanted a relationship, it would of been a bad thing.

He's taking the time to get to know me better but see nothing is wrong with having sex while getting to know one another.

Balance, patience, and self control.

Couple of months I can do.. But after 3 months.. OR... 6 months and no sex, that's not a fast enough pace.

What Girls Said 3

• If a guy said that to me I'll be so happy!. I'll even like him more because for one, I wouldn't say anything about that whole waiting subject unless he asked me first. I want to see where his head is at. His actions will speak for itself.

• Yes it's a good thing, a very good thing :)

• I prefer a slow guy

What Guys Said 1

• People with lower sex drives generally like to move slower, because they'd rather screen out people who just want sex.

People with high sex drives should move faster, because they need to screen out people with low sex drives.

• Moving slow doesn't have anything to do with my sex drive, I just want to make sure I feel comfortable and can trust the girl. I don't want to have sex with a girl who's banged every guy in the neighborhood.

• I didn't mean to suggest it had anything to do with your sex drive. Rather that whether or not it's a good idea depends on your drive.