Pregnant and dating...? A question for guys.. or girls if you like that type of stuff

Would anyone date a women while she's pregnant? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on if it's dating or sex.

If it's dating yes I won't bother with how and with who she got preg if I really liked the girl. However, factually as of now I'd not date anyone who's preg or has a child (have my reasons for that - my daughter is being brought up in a way where I don't think she'll accept another child around me & she's my priority)

If it's sex then I sure think preg women are hot (with exceptions) and as long as the sex won't harm the child I'm always game :)

What Guys Said 37

• Personally, no.

I have very little current desire to have kids, let alone kids that aren't mine.

• it is difficult to date someone while she is pregnant, because the guy knows another guy has been with you, and could be hanging around, or you might be on the rebound if not, so its mainly about who and where is this other guy, and the fact that your carrying another guys kid is also a turn off, because normally, pregnant women are seen as very attractive by men, but when the child is not the guys your dating, then it carries a certain stigma. A good thing to do if asked, is to tell guys your a surrogate mother, this might take away the sharpness of carrying another guys baby.x

• No. I wouldn't be with someone that was pregnant.

I wouldn't consider it because I would think that she was already in a relationship with someone else.

I wouldn't consider it because I would have to deal with a third parent, a parent who will have his own wishes and desires for the child, making life difficult.

I wouldn't consider it because the fact that a girl was already pregnant, and even before nine months is over, has already broken up, then I will doubt her ability to commit and communicate, and I will doubt her intelligence, because I wouldn't want to be with someone who rushed into having a baby.

Furthermore, it would raise lots of questions in my community, as to how the baby got there and other things like that.

Of course, not all women who are pregnant and out of a relationship were unwise. I'm sure there are some pregnant women out there who were people who just made mistakes, or rushed into a relationship without finding the right person, or just happened to find the wrong man. Still, I wouldn't be with a pregnant woman or a woman who already has kids.

I want to find someone who wants to wait until marriage before having a kid, someone who has similar morals and values. I want to find the right person.

• No. Because a pregnant woman should not be thinking about dating but about her child.

Any woman that is irresponsible like that I wouldn't want to date.

One more thing, you will never find a good guy dating pregnant. Only pervs and losers.

Have the kid, wait till it's at least a couple of months and then start dating. And be really reserved. Maybe then you'll find a decent guy.

• If it was a woman utterly out of my league and for some reason (not related to pregnancy) the relationship would have a future including a huge upwards social mobility for yours truly, I might.

If she was super hot and a wonderful person and pregnant by a close friend or relative of mine who had just died, I might.

Normally I would not.

• I was with you all the way until you said dead relative. It's like you were waiting for your brother to die to swoop in for the kill. Piece of sh*t mentality.

• that wasn't what I had in mind. a kid growing up an orphan (or abused by a stranger as happens often enough) is hardly the preferable outcome (if we were a good fit). if we were not, then it is a separate story. P.s. I do not consider myself to be a good substitute for any of my actual relatives or current friends so this was abstract thinking

• probably no unless she is really pretty and has amazing personality

• Depends on the reason for her pregnancy.

Unfortunately, 9/10 times my answer would be no, unless it was something that was uncontrollable ("He didn't pull out like he said" doesn't qualify as uncontrollable) then I would assume that there would be too much drama in the relationship.

• What do you mean it depends? It depends on what? Give me some examples of why you would date a girl that's pregnant

• It depends on how she got pregnant.

If her pregnancy was caused by something she could not control, then it may be hard but possible to date her.

If she got pregnant by an ex who left, random guy she hooked up, friend/person from a party, just not being safe, or anything similar, than no I would not date her.

• I wouldn't exclude it, but I wouldn't feel a lot of, if any, sexual desire to be with her at that time. So the chances are slim.

• I would. It's a fetish. But I dump her once she dumps the baby.

• HELL NO!

• Sure why not? But I would be afraid if she dumps me and gets back with the baby's father once she gives birth.

• No I wouldn't, I would suspect it wasn't planned, which leads me to believe carelessness in the previous relationship. A girl that doesn't take care of herself isn't attractive.

• Just because a girl gets pregnant in her pervious relationship doesn't mean she doesn't take care of herself

• While I couldn't say never, it would be a major, major issue.

• Nope. Single moms are to be avoided at all costs.

• Probably not. I'm sorry if it's mean to say, but the fact that she's carrying some other guy's child would bother me.

• What if you really likes the girl and you didn't know she was 3 months pregnant. and she told you after dating for a month... what would you do?

• I'll say that maybe if the circumstances were right I would, but just in general I wouldn't. And her keeping it a secret until later is not the best way to get me to stay.

• I wouldn't exclude it if the girl is worth it.

• I have to say no I wouldnt.

• Absolutely not. There's too much ex drama, and I'm not raising someone else's kid.

• I am not sure that I could.. it would depend on the role the dad was playing.. was it something planned, or was this a party knock-up.

• Hell no. It's gross to me. And I don't want her to think I'd take care of some other mans seed.

Also, I don't want the child to become connected to me later. If we split someday the kid can be hurt in the process.

• Cons: Drama.

Pros: Well... you know for sure that she puts out...

• I think pregant woman are attractive something about the belly and the swollen breasts way she is shaped something else. If I liked you and wanted to care for you. I know would be hard dating someone taking care a baby

• If the girl just came out of a horrible relationship then I would help her raise the baby. But if she is having an on and off relationship with her boyfriend then I would stay away from her.

• Normally no, unless you were someone I've already for some time.

• yes, If I found her attract than why not.

• hell no. the only person who should be dating her is the baby daddy.

• What if the father didn't want to help her take care of the baby?

• well that would tell me the girl has no taste for guys. but we all make mistakes.

• I think it depends on the circumstances. I really like to keep all my options open. At the moment in my life I'm 24 and trying to get my career started so I don't have time for a kid but if you're willing to date me and realize that you're going to be spending A LOT of time with the child while I'm working then I guess I could get to know the girl and see where it leads. Also it depends on the babys father too, did the father leave her after she got prego and left her sol. Is she a really nice girl and just made a mistake? It really just depends, but honestly I don't think a girl with a child would want to be with me since I work a lot and wouldn't be able to care for the girl or the child like I would need to. I'm curious as to your opinion on a guy like me who's trying to get his career going. Would you date me if you're pregnant or had a kid?

• Absolutely not. Shows the girl has TERRIBLE decision making skills.

Same with dating a single mother unless she is widowed.

Then again I would also never date a woman who had an abortion because it again shows TERRIBLE decision making skills.

Moral of the story? If you want to date high value men, don't be stupid and get pregnant.

(And don't bla bla bla I was on the pill bla bla bla, both parties should be using birth control)

• Sure I would. Why not? I mean, we both know that I am NOT the father. For a little while anyways, it is like Nature's Birth Control - but you said dating, not marrying or engaged. Dating. Too me 'dating' is kind of like having a boyfriend/girlfriend but not really. It is like having an open relationship while being bf/gf. Either you are with one person or you are not - dating is being with one or more then one. They are pregnant and have food cravings, I am a foodie that loves to bake and cook. They do not require the man to be hung - which I am not so that helps too!

Seriously...

It depends on the person. On the type and foundation of the relationship.

• Not a chance.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 2

• the guys I know wouldn't be into it

• There's a pregnant girl who has a crush on one of my male friends. And he says he doesn't want her. not only cause she has a baby, but cause she let some drunk a**hole put it in her after a party. He says he can't live with that image in his head.

She is a really sweet girl though... I feel bad for her.