Funny&Cute&Sweet = Player usually, it seems..?

I feel like I want to go for the guys who are attractive - tall, good body, nice hair, good smile, pretty eyes. And also the ones who can make me laugh and lead conversations, plan, and also who compliment and make me feel special.

Ive come to learn though - or seem to learn - these "perfect" guys just wanna get me to have sex right away and don't really seem to want to date me and also the nerdy ones want to just date me.

Im all for sex, I want someone funny and nice too but at the same time I think sex should be more meaningful and follow a good connection - I feel the "perfect" guys fake a connection to get me in bed.

Thoughts? opinions? Advice? Tips?

Agree, disagree?

• I agree. It's better to like a more shy, nerd for a true sweetheart.
  • Nah - not true.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a shy guy who I guess is nerdy/geeky about things (though I don't think I look like a nerd lol, definitely not pasty glasses etc guy), I agree that A is best :P but I'm biased there.

You should definitely just give things more time. I always give this advice because it is best. There are good guys out there, many, but there are indeed lying a**holes who pretend to be good. The ONLY way you'll find out who is what? Time. And if you rush into things, you have yourself to blame then for being used :\ obviously the a**hole who lied deserves more blame, but you aren't free of it. Gotta give things a lot of time. And if they turn out to be a**holes, well, sucks, move on, find the good guy. Don't be angry at time wasted, look at it as a life lesson and know a little bit better what/who to avoid. Use it to help you spot the lies and such better. And be proud (if you did) that you didn't give in and let him have his way and get to sleep with you before you found out.

• Thanks. While not all guys that are good looking are players, it's possible that their success makes them arrogant and overconfident. Plus, I don't think that there are the funny/sweet/good looking guys on one side, and shy/nerdy/ugly guys on the other. I think someone can be shy, studious, and sweet all at the same time.

• Thanks. You mean the 21st century?

• Oh ya, we're in the 21st Century now.

What Guys Said 8

• You seem to have been watching too many movies with those guys like Hemsworth that all the girls swoon over.

Let me say that what you are looking for really doesn't exist. People just don't have all these qualities. Yes everything is subjective but it usually doesn't exist. My suggestion do not go for looks as much as you seem to do. If someone has nice eyes and a good smile, don't rule them out because they aren't that tall or have a good body.

There's also the aspect of you in this situation. How attractive are you? If you are looking for the perfect guy, are you anywhere close to perfect yourself? Are you nerdy? What vibe do you put out to guys? What do you classify as nerdy?

I would first ask yourself these questions before you proceed. Nerdy isn't settling. It just might not have the outright sex appeal that these perfect guys as you describe have.

• Young guys who are good with women are often not interested in monogamy, and certainly aren't interested in waiting for sex unless THEY themselves are religious/etc. They can get laid, quickly, and there's no way based on meeting you once they'd want to wait for YOU over some other girls who want them right away.

Guys who are not as good with girls are more likely to want the security of a relationship. Why are they not as good with girls? Looks, shyness, confidence, at least one of those.

• maybe your just going for the wrong guys . for some reason your not finding guys who actually want a relationship , maybe your looking in the wrong places .

but I agree with another poster the "perfect " guys have a lot of options and know it , especially if there in an area with more women than guys like university they can find as many girls as they'd like , so some of them can try and be players if they feel other options are out there

• Many guys that look good on the outside, do not have good intentions inside. They just use that to sleep with women. While it's good for them to appreciate you by appreciating you, complimenting you can be a form of flattery.

• While I'd say "generalized stereotype that's not necessarily true" I can't say I disagree either :\ It's sad, but understandable. They know they are attractive and thus know they can get a lot of the shallow girls who focus too much on appearances.

• I agree...

@thegodemperorleto you are funny hahah

• I wish I could be more studious like a nerd. I seem to have lost that ability long ago. I don't like the fact that I'm having a harder time concentrating and studying like I used to. I value learning very much.

• oh boy, a poll with limited options.

...

Game, yup. It works. They give you exactly what you want, to get what they want.

"I'll trade you prince charming for your p****."

Seems like a good deal... almost too good to be true.

0H MAN!

• "I feel like I want to go for the guys who are attractive - tall, good body, nice hair, good smile, pretty eyes. And also the ones who can make me laugh and lead conversations, plan, and also who compliment and make me feel special." - You and most other women, haha. Competition is fierce for guys like that & they know it.

• Funny, cute and sweet I woudn't say usually a player, but what you described I guess is.. I mean I'm funny cute and sweet (lol) but I don't fit your description

• You should go for whoever you want.

But, if you think about it, what girl is going to disagree with that list of qualities? A guy like that is going to have A LOT of options.

What Girls Said 2

• Of course they do. There is no such thing as perfect. It's just an ideal we create in our own minds. We all have flaws, imperfections we are all human. When you really start to accept this you will see the guys that are right or at least better for you!

• Yeah why can't the perfect guys be more like the nerds?