Would you date a black girl?

Most guys are really hard to read. It's not there fault, they just are. It's hard to tell what they want or what the feel. I should know. I've gotten good over the years at deciphering what they mean, but when it comes to matters of the heart and how they feel about me I draw a blank. All I know s that I have all the characteristics of being the type of girl guys like but I'm really into white and Hispanic guys. So what I would like to know is how guys feel about black girls. Would you date them? Do you find them interesting? If so what do you like about them and how would you let one know you like her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Difficult question

I'm married and I met/meet very few black girls.

But:

There are black girls from America

There are black girls from Haiti

There are black girls from Ethiopia

There are black girls from Congo

There are black girls with a Ph. Dr. degree

There are black girls with a baby or 2 and no degree at all

There are black girls with a good personality

There are black girls with a very bad personality

There are black girls who smile

There are black girls who never smile

There are black girls who like J-S Bach

There are black girls who like music I hate

Some are really beautiful, like the one I saw in the subway, last month. I couldn't stop myself from saying it to her (but I waited until the very last moment, when one of us left the train)

Some are ugly

Some of them I'd eventually date

Some of them I'd marry

Some others NO WAY.

When the lights go out we're all black.

• Actually no, we're not all black when the lights go out. We're more like orange-red, because that's what you look like in thermal vision. Of course, white people sort of have a pale glow in very low light, compared to darker things. Hence why soldiers paint their faces, because they'll still reflect in low light.

• I love love love this answer!

• Lol, TOTALLY love this coment! Such a clever play on words.

What Guys Said 83

• Black women? Absolutely! Once you go BLACK, you never go back! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

However, Mad Black Women, I avoid at all costs!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Men are not difficult to understand. We are made of four basic instinctive needs in no particular order:

Food

Sleep

Sex

Hobbies

Everything else is just time filler.

The reason why women have trouble understanding men is because we are lousy communicators. We are constantly afraid of saying ANYTHING that may be a deal breaker for a particular woman. Therefore, we tend to either say nothing or use incoherent grunts, snarls and shouts just to cover our butts.

There you have it: men in a nutshell!

Hope this helps

• Love it and it's funny.

• Isn't it "Once you go black you don't get to come back"? jk, lol.

• I have been completely color blind from the moment I was born.

I'm white. I have dated black women... several times... and have had fine relationships / friendships with them for years- as I have done with others of various ethnic persuasions.

It's NEVER the color of the skin but the color of the soul that attracts me.

Still... I am an artist. I personally enjoy a little color in my life., why not?

• I've ONLY dated black women for the past 15 years. Why settle for less.

• In many literature and stories it is said that Beauty is Skin Deep. Personally I do not agree with it. The real beauty of life is your nature - and care taking for your close ones. It is much deeper then skin, it from heart to heart. We (I am from India) are not white, nor black. Some of my country man are looking like black - from South India. Tamil, Andhra and part of Kerala people are much darker than people from Gujarat, Punjab or Uttar Pradesh. If the nature is good and like / dislike are not limited to skin color, there is no problem in getting married to black girl for a boy from other region. I personally would like to date with a black girl - if our choice, education and social traditions are matching. Dating will not limited to time pass or just having fun, - it may end up in marriage.

• very beautiful.

• Good answer :)

• Thank you for your response. Indian culture sees beauty of Soul as the prime importance. Body is a tool to achieve the goals.

• I actually discuss this a lot with one of my friends. I'm a white guy, and I have found that black women are very attracted to me. My friend and I have discussed some of the reasons, but those are inconsequential here.

Anyway, there are plenty of black girls I could date if I wanted to, but I simply don't find most of them attractive. Now this is purely a personal preference. It's not a racist thing, it's nothing to do with the way they look or act. It is just my personal preference. I really like Eastern European and Scandinavian girls...blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin. That's just my main preference. I find lots of other girls attractive as well. And there are a handful of black girls that I have found attractive and would date.

With that being said, I will tell you that I love that most black women have a very no-nonsense approach to dating. They seem to be much more confident and less dramatic than white women. They are seem to be a lot less catty about things as well.

As far as interesting, that's based on the individual. I've met beautiful women who are boring as a watching paint dry. So you are as interesting as you are. Color has nothing to do with how interesting you are.

• Honesty is a great quality and your statement is interesting

• I wouldn't be bothered at all, I'm not phased about skin color, plus if we ever got married we'd have beautiful kids. ^.^

• I'm game. I got nothing against black girls. If I meet one I like, then hell yeah, I'd date her,

• I haven't dated a black girl yet, but I definitely would. One big thing is personality though, where I live a lot of black girls are ghetto stereotypes, and I'm really into smart girls. I would totally date a black girl in a heartbeat if she was smart and easy going, race doesn't really matter in that respect.

I'd really like to, yeah, I just haven't met a black girl I've been interested in yet.

• Kay.. honestly stereotypes kick my ass. On a daily basis I get caught up in something stereotype based. I am the complete opposite of what people think black girls are like. I take advanced placement classes and in the fall I will be starting college. I love art and skateboarding, but I never get to tell people any of that because they have already marked me.

• Not true college girl do like military cause but I think its only military officers tho it your going by those types of college girls who are career bound. But that percentage of those types of girls are like 20 perent

• Yeah I'm a college girl and career bound.

• I wouldn't. They're not my type, and I'm not being racist.

I'm asian, and Asian parents would prefer it if their kids married another asian. I haven't gotten to that day yet, so I'll see. And before people talk about my culture, they have to first understand it.

• Very very understandable :)

• If I find you attractive, I date you.

Generally, I don't think we should be talking of white or black people in 2013. We are all people, if you are cute and nice, then why wouldn't you be attractive?

• I would and I have. They're no different than any other girl to me. If they are interesting, fun, positive, and if we're compatible, then of course.

It's challenging to find all that in a girl in general, and maybe a bit harder to find it with black girls, since a lot of them have a different cultural background than I do, but it's always about the individual, and not the race/culture/group. At least for me.

• Some girls will surprise you.

• Yes, yes, I tell them. Usually when I tell a black girl that I'm interested I get a very odd look, like they just had not considered me in that light before lol.

Skin color isn't an issue for me, so I would find the same things interesting about you that I would any female I was interested in to begin with. Also I'm kind of a blunt person, if I like you I'm likely to just tell you I'm interested up front, no games.

• i made love to one black women in my life and I can't say I have had any better women. she knows how to work magic. I find them so much sexier and more attractive overall than any other races. not ghetto ones though. their skin is so soft and omg I love them. they have naturally great body features and do things most white woman or any other woman simply won't do. they are very kinky and up for anything which I love. their overall fit level and sexual energy is off the charts!

• chocolate/vanilla swirl? of course :D

• I'd date any woman who has the interests I have and if I am attracted to them (and they're attracted to me), and if I thought it might work really well. Color of the skin, so long as it's not weird, is a non issue. Orange girls? Green girls? purple girls? Sorry. Not interested. ;) But if I met a geeky woman who loved and respected me as I did with her, came from a good family, had similar morals? Yes, I'd date a woman who had that no matter if they were black or white, "mixed", etc.

I'd be more cautious about bringing them near my dad, who is a bit of a racist, and not a pleasant person, but I'd be cautious about having ANY woman around that.

But, I can't speak for anyone else but me.

• hey... I dated a green chick from Alpha Centauri once... and she was smokin'!

• Bloogoo I love your comment!

• Yes, Yes, everything. I'd just get to know her like anyone else. If you are a minority where ever your at, the person may be a little nervous, but if you spend some alone time with him you'll be able to tell by how he responds to your flirting. Be direct if you have to, and ask him.

• This is a question that willed be called a racist question. If you asked Asian girls or Chinese girls, it would not stir up hardly any emotion. Why should anyone worry if we would not date any particular ethinicity? We all have our preferences and as many who will date a black or whatever, there are just as many who will not.

But it appears that black people are more sensitive to the issue?

Colour is hardly ever a factor - there are so many more important aspects to attraction.

• True never thought of that.

• I would date a black girl if I thought she was pretty/cute or what ever.

I've had a crush on 2 different black girls before but never asked them out. one had a Boyfriend or husband and I moved back home (far away) before I got the currage to ask the 2nd.

• i've never dated a black girl , although in my country there is a lot of hate for them (national socialism rising etc) but I don't think I would say no to a black girl that is good looking sweet and have a nice personality

• have to look into that.

• Yes. *insert typical chocolate pun*

In all seriousness, it's like every other race - Some look amazing, some not so much

• i don't find black girls interesting, but I would date one if I saw her as a very good and attractive person. Although the situation is extremely unlikely for me considering I like pale girls

• Yeah of course I would because I find them attractive and they tend to have awesome personalities

• It's not a matter of race at all for me. If we have close values and common goals that's all I really need from my girl. Looks, personality, hobbies and all other shallow features all would go right to the drain in my judgement once I'd really meet a girl like that.

• Would, and have. If she is bright, and I am attracted to her. But I am not into fat women, and it seems a disproportionate number of black women fall in that category.

A year or so ago I went to a speed dating event and the only girl I was really interested in was this cool black girl. Unfortunately she was the facilitator, not a participant. Still wish I had gotten her number somehow.

I don't see how you find guys hard to read. Guys are like dogs, all up and out there. Girls are like cats - wtf are they thinking, if anything.

The only trouble with black girls, they can be very hard to photograph in poor light. No joke; I was at a party a couple weeks ago and some girls asked me to take their picture, and trying to get the autofocus to find the black girl, almost impossible.

• Yeah I would date a black girl

• personally I would date a black girl but only if she has the looks and personality, although I prefer brunettes.

• If she's hot, she's hot...so yep to answer your question.

• Sure I would date a black girl. Though to be totally honest, I'm not sure I would be able to stand the "black attitude", if you know what I mean.

Some guys love it. But I wouldn't say I'm one of them.

• Yes.

• Yes. I am attracted to black women but there have not been many that I've wanted to date (to be fair, I haven't wanted to date too many white women either).

• honesty is highly accepted.

• You are an attractive white guy. However it seems like all races including ones of my own have terrible stereotypes one us. I was born in Africa raised in America since the age of 3 by two parents with 5 phds between the both of them. I'm not "ghetto" no children no drama I work hard. I do stand out because I'm 6 foot 2 and dark and I live in a world where European features are glorified and anything else is said to be "do able" but not taken seriously :(

• There is a lot of that thinking going around, about the whole "ghetto" thing. Like I had said before though, it isn't that or gross generalizations. I haven't dated many women period. The ones I have dated weren't all white. And thank you for the compliment because you are a beautiful black lady.

• More from Guys
    53

What Girls Said 18

• It's not about your race... Whether you're black, Asian, White... Majority of the guys don't even base their relationships on that.

They'll want to date you if they find you attractive.

• Guys are not hard to read men are simple. It is us women that over-think and makes things complicated. I just got out of a relationship with a WHITE GUY it was difficult because I did not know what I want, what I wanted and had to offer from/ in a relationship and lastly if we had similar directions in terms of where this relationship was going.

Also I didn't know what he saw in me I was a mess, but turns out he was just being manipulative he preyed on my insecurities. So until you find confidence in your and display your true self and stand by your word, men would seem easier.

About interracial dating it is simple, be attractive, confident and fun. Be in love with your life and you can attract ay guy. Real men love confidence, they love a woman that takes care of herself and is attractive. do not act to needy go with the flow and never expect too much. instead of fantasizing and obsessing about where this is going, take time to decipher your current events and determine if this is what you really want and if its best for you in the long run

I dated black, white, Hispanic and japanese guys a few were my bfs. Attraction should not be limited to skin color just be with who you want and who respects you. yes Hispanic and white men will date you, just be confident

• Yes, depends on the personality, and I would tell them

• I'm not a guy and I'm South Asian ,but I find many black celebrities very attractive(not in any sexual way of course) e.g Beyonce, Kerry Washington ,Zoe Saldana, Alicia Keys etc :)

• Obviously a raging black person is just going through this thread down voting every answer. Even though most of the people here responding are being completely respectful when they say, theyre not interested. Interest isn't something you can force, its natural.

Anyway, black people who are down voting these responses, way to give more reason to not be interested in your crazy ass.

• Most people who ask these questions don't want honest responses. They only want to hear "yes" and that anyone who says no is a racist, narrowminded idiot

• You don't know black people are downvoting these answers.

• of course, there' no way to *know*

its only a hunch. and it is *obviously* likely

• Am African am black .so yes I would date a a black girl if I was a boy

• Am African am black .so yes I would date a a black girl if I was a boy anyway love is love if a white boy fells in love with a black girl it doesn't matter its love I love 2013 becuse the earth is free and no black slave. everyone is Special in many way :) and I lovvvvve that link a black girl and a white girl could be friends because on earth we are all one but different .every one is a human :).Everyone deserves to be loved and am alway there to be there friends. link

• why does it matter if other races would date a black girl? There are those who will and there are those who wouldn't... that's it! I mean what else so we need to hear. They took us from our motherland in Africa, strip us of our history and language, lie to us telling us that our hair and skin is inferior, denying that we are the true people of Israel.. yet we still come on the internet day after day asking these people if "they like us". come on man, free yourself and your mind from this ignorant nonsense. Racism can't affect you if you don't see yourself as inferior. STOP IT NOW BLACK PEOPLE!

• I'm not a guy and I would.

• Some will, some won't

statistically speaking, black women are the least to date interracially while white men are the most likely to date interracially. But they aren't going for black women.

I know people like to say race has nothing to do with it, but most white guys wouldn't touch a pretty black girl with a 10 foot pole because a pretty black girl is *considered* average next to a pretty white girl. Same with a pretty Asian or Hispanic girl, average next to a white girl

• a lot are attracted but they like status, probably pick one with straight hair and light mocha skin ...like HALLE

I prefer European :)

• I would and I am not even a dude.

• you might have to to show interest first by smiling or saying hi. But remember and guy can find you attractive but don't ask you out and dates doesn't always mean a relationship

• guys would

• o many answering..you know dating doesn't gurentee a relationship right?Wow s

• most black girls who date interracial go for outstanding white guys, not the typical half retard truck driving "Bob". we don't like the vampire-like skin that burns the moment you guys are exposed to sunlight and it smells like spoiled pork. I can go on.

• I've met lots of dudes that would

And by the way that douche with the post:

"As a pre-law sort, who gets tons of political lessons and all that stuff?" And then rambles on is andywes, that coward

• If you into white and Hispanic guys you have a chance. most guys who are hesitant about dating black girls think first of the ghetto stereotype, but if you are suburban and they feel comfortable around you then you can date white guys. also they prefer skinny girls over thick girls too.