Poll Time: Do you date within your league?

League system exists. Men use the common 1-10 system. Where 7 is cute, 8-9 is hot, 10 is maybe 4x in a lifetime. I don't understand how girls determine leagues regarding men so you'll have to fill me in. Whole package counts. Looks smarts personality charm.

IF YOU CAN, no offense to anyone, just go anonymous, state what number from a scale of 1-10 of what you are. Better to use a number that people have referred you to being as.

1-5 you have problems to work out

5-6 average

6-7 cute

8-9 hot

10 other people have referred you to this number.

• I date well above my league. 2 + steps up
  • I date above my league. one + steps up
  • I date within my league. 0+-
  • I date below my league. -1 + steps down
  • I'm desperate. -3 + steps down
Gentleman please don't lie. I expect a bell curve for men. I don't know about women though

Most Helpful Girl

• I can only speak for my friends and myself. We don't really think “out of my league.” I've never gotten a number, but I'm probably somewhere between a 5 and a 7, depends on the guy. My friends and I have guys we think are way too hot for us. But if they're interested, well, we just feel extra lucky. Most girls I know separate guys into “guys I'd date,” “guys that I'd date if I got desperate,” and “guys I never want to see again.” So if you get kicked into the friends-zone... she might just date you if she got desperate/lonely/bored.

For me, to quote the Notebook “I have a crush on your mind, I fell for your personality and your looks are just a big bonus.” Some of the guys I was most attracted to, they weren't much in the looks department (my friends say my ex was average to cute at best) but they're smart, caring, good guys. You can be the hottest guy in the room but its not the whole package, I might not ever want to see you again.

What Girls Said 11

• I date below my league

• I date within my league. 0+-

• You are asking women, who, since they were born, have been told by media and society that no matter what they do, they are ugly and fat, whether or not they date in their league. They think they are a 1-5 on the scale and that just about every man is a 6-10.

• You think men don't have the same problem as women?

Men are not automatically 6-10. I never said that.

For example: If a man is below 5'5" than he is automatically a 4 as a starting number. Personality and confidence can boost him up by 2 points at the most but height is the deciding factor for men where 5'8" is the base height to be judged accordingly, where there is no number limit up.

This poll is for both men and women.

What Guys Said 9

• i usually try and date women who would be above my league but still manage to have a fair bit of success meeting and getting to know those types of girls but don't necessary end up dating them . I don't really know how most girls rate guys I'd say I'd be a 7 maybe but could go higher if I were to find a better job and place to live , a lot of people have more potential and could be a better catch if they tried more

• I've never been given a number although I'd say I'm average so 5-6... And nope I definitely don't date in my league, I definitely date above it, sometimes well above it.

• at least you're not lying

• No point, who would I be impressing? Some internet randomers I'll never meet?

• i like your style bro.

That's why I don't understand the point of going anonymous. No one cares.

• My wife is way hotter than me. But I bang her like a champ and can cook.

• In theory, yes, leagues do exist. But the practice is something totally different.

• this doesn't even make sense. you said the theory exists but how is the practice totally different?

its different only if I assumed you stayed around your own attractiveness but I asked if in your personal view, do you go above, the same, or below.

you usually say smart things, no offense bro

• None taken. See, the league thing is just a social construct used to discourage guys from approaching hot girls. The danger of this is not that the hot chick gets hit on only by jerks, the danger arises because it makes you doubt about yourself. Why do you need something as stupid as this telling you that you can't get what you want? If you want to be the best Man you can be, beliefs like this "league" are not going to help, bro.

• We just have different viewpoints. I believe myself to be a realist but you're an optimist.

I wouldn't force my viewpoint on anyone but I'll keep using my social constructs because they serve me.

For example: You don't see me walking into a yacht club chatting up with a bunch of billionaires who I don't know

• "leagues" are bullsh*t. I date whoever I damn well am interested in once I prove to them how freaking awesome I am.

• Your name is god emperor I don't doubt that.

It's a shame I don't agree with you best friend.

I love the Dune series.

• Haha, it's not a big deal if you don't always agree.

• No. I date whatever league the girl is.

• Leagues don't exist. Looks are entirely subjective. Even where there's broad consensus on whether someone's good looking, it's still technically subjective.

I go for the girls I want. Looks are definitely a factor. But intelligence, personality and interests are also important for a serious relationship.

That said, girls have called me 'cute', 'hot' and 'handsome' before without any prompting from me. Since I've never had the opportunity to hit on a supermodel-type girl, I'd say I'm playing in my own 'league'.

• i said whole package but you focused on looks...

"doth protest too much?"

my god, the hypocrisy

• Haven't had a girlfriend yet, but I think that's because I try to punch above my weight all the time. I might be a 6-7 if I had to guess

• ask your friends if you don't know

• Well I've been called cute and had my first crushes on me. I don't think I'm all too hot though so I said 6-7.

• I think cute is better than hot but they are different things... Best is when a girl is both cute and hot of course

Anyway I think I'm about an 8, but I have long hair and a sort of rocker look which some girls love and other don't like it, so it depends

And I've only had one girlfriend and I'd rate her at least a 9... Certainly one of the best looking girls I've ever seen (including television)

• rocker lock is more a niche situation. More women will rate you either really attractive or really unattractive

• Yeah I know..