She asked me if it was true I wanted to date her...

I answered, " I have feelings for you but right now no. That's not my goal at all right now". She has a long story but she just got out of a 6 month relationship, and is in a abusive home/ rough past.

Some kid told her I wanted to date her just to mess with me. I the. Texted her what I said. I said I didn't want to now and just wanted to be friends because 1) she just broke up with someone 2) she is very emotional and is going through a rough patch 3) with her current situation I want her to be happy.

We are very close and we talked for about a hour and half a few days ago. After I said this, I said I would give her some space.

She never answered those texts. She hasn't sent me any snap chats at all. I am going to wait a while but I told her right now I wanted her to be happy and she knows that. What should I do?

What Girls Said 1

• You did the right thing, she probably feels rejected right now. Don't worry though, she'll understand eventually just give her the space she needs. You don't seem to be the type pestering her to answer your messages, if you are though, cut it out. As for what you should do, I would recommend letting her sort things out on her own but try to maintain contact with her in person at the least.

• Thank you. Last time I texted her was a week ago. Today I sent her a text saying sorry if I hurt her in anyway as that was never my intention. I added some more after that, but she hasn't responded. This is the only way to contact her. We are on summer break, I don't want to stalk her, which is wrong.

Should I just wait until she contacts me now? I told her she doesn't know the whole story and a guy coming between us as friends by twisting my words is wrong. What should I do now?

• I might text her this, " Hey how are you doing? I hope you are doing okay with work and your family. I apologize for the insult I gave, but I was speaking hypothetically. I know I shouldn't have said it, but it was just confusing and nothing was being told. I hope you are doing great and I would love to hear from you! I don't want to lost anything between us and I want us to be good friends. If you even need to talk or something, you know I am here" - Bob( my fake name)

• So, what is your take on the argument? Did I do anything wrong? Can I revive this friendship? It seems she is running away from this issue and doesn't want to deal with it. I don't know why this is, when someone who could tell you anything, is suddenly not making time for a small issue. This makes no sense...

I apologize for the long reply, I just didn't feel ready to talk about it. I guess I was running away like she was doing. I just felt I had to suppress my issues when it's easier to vent.

What Guys Said 1

• She just want to know your current look of her.