First kiss question, help!

I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks and we've been on two dates that he both initiated. We are planning to go on a third to the movies in a few days. We haven't kissed yet, but will he be expecting it? From what I've heard he is fairly experience. I've never kissed anyone, and honestly don't want my first kiss to be in the back of a movie theater. Gross. But I really do like him and have for a long time. So is there anything I can do to prolong our relationship without kissing, or find a way to make it more romantic? How can I avoid kissing him yet without seeming like I don't like him. I just feel like I'm not ready yet? What should I do? Okay maybe I do feel ready, I just don't want to kiss him in the theater, or the car. How can I make it perfect and romantic?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a lot of meaning placed on a first kiss, but you need to take a breath and relax because you will have many "First kisses". What you learn is that the kiss is special because of whom you share it with, not because you have not kissed before (Although a new experience will set you tingling all over).

From a guy's perspective, a 3rd date would have some expectation of a kiss.

My advice is you should maybe offer to change the plan of the date. Call him up and say that you would actually like to go do some other activity. There are lots of great things to do while dating and in my honest opinion, the movie theater is the most Boring.

Go play mini golf, bowling, picnic, something that you love or enjoy. You can watch a movie anytime together and in a theater you either sit in the back and kiss (in uncomfortable chairs) or you watch a movie like zombies.

A kiss will be more meaningful as a celebration after a good putt, a strike, or as a thank you for a lovely time. Not in a theater. Your gut feeling is right.

NOW, IF he doesn't want to change the date or can't but you don't want to be kissed. Pick a seat in the middle in front of or next to other people. He will be less inclined to try for a 1st kiss if you are not in a secluded area. Isle seat is great :P Finally, to avoid car kiss, ask to go for a little walk to stretch legs after the movie. Then you can turn and kiss him when you feel the right moment in the conversation (or even wrong moment). He won't expect that, which makes it all the better.

Best luck!

What Guys Said 9

• You need not to worry about your first kiss. You can plan and manage to get and give first kiss. Most simple way will be welcome kiss or goodby kiss when you meet next. It will not look odd and out of tradition, but it will pass your message too - you like him or you love him. All other things will follow natural cycle of relationship soon.

• I know its every girls dream to have the first (anything) with a guy to be all perfect and romantic, but don't get your hopes up. First time with kissing will probably be more awkward and exciting than romantic.

If he goes to kiss you there, just turn your cheek and smile and say "not here" or "not now :)"

• But smile and be a little playfull, of he'll take it as a rejection.

• YES HE DEFO WILL WANT TO KISS YOU, THREE DATES! Time to get lip to lip, let him take the lead and follow, just do what feels nice, men like having there lips nibbled and sucked, gently of course, Let him lead if your unsure, and if you want to drop the hint, just kiss his cheek and say I like you, and tell him why. he is not a mind reader remember. have fun, and remember, lips are for kissing, both sets! As for where and when does it matter, cinemas have always been a place to snog yet lips off, and as for cars, back seat sex if fun.

• I think you might be expecting too much. Why not just accept your first kiss when/where ever you get it? If the guy is right and the kiss is right, why does the place matter? Life shouldn't be that scripted!

• Dude... its just a kiss... be a big girl and next time you see him.. lay one on him

• You say you aren´t ready ...

Your first kiss is something special and maybe you fear if you kiss he will ask for sex also ...

So if you haven´t told him till now that you like him do that and also tell him that you want to wait with the first kiss ... he will do it if he respects you and really likes you ...

If not he doesn´t deserve you!

Good luck and please don´t be silly!

There are too many guys who are just looking for an adventure ...

Good luck!

• tell him let's go to a walk in the park after the movie. that should be a romantic place for kissing.

don't ever do it because he wants you to after all may be after this kiss he dumbs you.

• well if you're under 18 I'm sure you would feel exposed if you kissed in front of a ton of people in the mall. It has to be private in a place where you're with him. Maybe you can suggest going to the beach to give him a kiss there if you want to be romantic, just pick a spot where there aren't too many people.

• If you haven't got this response yet, a walk in the park would be perfect for a first kiss. If you really think he's the one, try not to wait too long and while perfect kiss would be nice, just do your best.

What Girls Said 1

• Well If he tries to kiss you in the movie try shifting in your seat so he can't do so, but don't make it obvious that you don't want to kiss him. And honestly it is REALLY hard to make a first kiss perfect but when you go home, have him walk you to the door and make the move to kiss him under the stars.

Hope this helps you :)