Why would my ex who doesn't want to be with me, go through my texts without permission?

I was seeing a guy for a little over three months. We were "official" for the first month then decided to be just friends. since then, I have wanted to get back into a relationship, but he's refused.

We went on a two day trip together earlier this week. Before we came home I took a shower. When I got out, he was holding my phone and put it down quickly.

I didn't think much of it, but then he started acting really weird after we got home and had sex.

Later that night, we were texting, he said he wasn't interested in having an intimate relationship anymore.

Last night he told me the reason. He went through my texts and Facebook messages and saw that I was talking to an ex.

I'm so confused because on one hand he won't go out with me again. On the other hand, he was checking up on my private life. I don't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Either someone told him a rumor about you, that caused him to not trust you, so he went through your phone for confirmation and found it.

OR he doesn't want to be with you anymore, and didn't know how to tell you off, so he went through your phone for ammunition. I've had both happen to me.

• Well, we're long distant and don't know any of the same people. And we haven't been a real couple for two months.

What Guys Said 1

• He wants to see your new guy.

• I asked him point blank why he read my texts and messages. He said he "had to see if he can trust me."

What Girls Said 0