Dating my boss and sneaking around?

Okay so this is sort of a long story. My parents and I run a store and I have a thing for our general manager. I'm a student in college currently and nineteen years old. He is about eight years older than me, has a couple of young kids, and recently broke up with his long term girlfriend. My father has also told him that he is not allowed to date employees. He kissed me about a week ago at the end of a shift, we both know this is a bad idea and we both agree that we shouldn't sneak around but we do anyway. I am so uncertain, I care about him and I really like him but I know overall he won't be a match for me in the long run. I want to earn a doctorate, and he didn't finish college. And yet, I want to be with him anyway. I'm so confused on whether or not to continue texting/ flirting/ seeing/kissing him. I'm leaving town in about a year as well when I finish the first part of my bachelors degree. Should I continue seeing him, or should I end this before anything more serious happens and just stay good friends? P.S. my coworkers know that we are friends and sometimes flirt, but my parents aren't aware of the texting or kissing. And yes, I still live with them.

Most Helpful Guy

• are you sure its him you like or the attention he gives you, there's a big difference, only you can make the decision on whether he is worth sacrificing your parents rule for or not, but I guess them rules are there for a reason

What Guys Said 3

• Just purely based on what you're saying so far, it sounds like you're walking through dangerous water here. I wouldn't get involved if I were you.

• No, you consider him to be stupid and have no potential in life so there's no point in seeing him. Unless of course he gets his PhD.

People who don't finish college are beneath dating, they can't amount to anything usually. Everyone knows not having a degree makes you worthless in the job market/society.

• If you're uncomfortable about his status, then no. Don't date him.

What Girls Said 2

• End it. It's the best thing.

• bad idea. it's just a short term fling.