Why can't I let her go?

I was friends with this girl a while ago. More acquaintances, really. I don't know how or why, but our friendship changed very suddenly and very quickly. Anyway, I messed it up and we basically stopped talking for a few months.

About six months after this happened, I started to like her again. I was still feeling very guilty about what happened between us. I probably wasn't as bold as I should have been in trying to win her over. One night, I got VERY drunk and sent her an apology text message. I sent her a Facebook message, but she ignored it (I know she saw it). I called her, but she never called me back. This was in October.

Now, all these months later, I still can't seem to let her go. She "liked" a post I made on Facebook once, but she had gotten herself a boyfriend by then. I deleted her. I thought I was doing okay, but lately, I've found myself wanting her again. Why can't I let her go? :-(

Most Helpful Girl

• how did you mess it up? may be you did something to upset her or hurt her feelings that she moved on?

either way try to talk to her in person and see her reaction, may be be genuine and honest about everything come clean and at least let her know you feel bad about what happened and hopefully she can forgive you someday, if you're honest and kind in your words at least she will go on in life think of you as a good person. at least you will get it off your chest and won't have to wonder. ball will be in her court. but you have to be sincere and let her know how you really feel and only then she might respect you again.

if she has a boyfriend and she's happy then you should respect her privacy and let her go. but let her go after telling her how you really felt and apologize for your mistakes.

• She lives halfway across the country now, so talking in person isn't really an option. There are times when I just shrug her off and forget about it. Then there are times when I'm all "you f___ing idiot!"

• wonder...

• I did write her a letter at one point, but I never sent it.

What Girls Said 3

• you love ehr man ! that's why you can not go on but if she did look at her she left you bihind her she did not think what well happen for you if she let you she do not desurve you brother she don't ! you go find somone who care for you you mor caus ther is some of this kind of personnes who take what they whant then they leave go over it go on your life isn't gonna end ! just go I'm sur you will find better than her soon evn if you go beak to each auther and she don't whant that this relation will not take you any where ! go on !

• you have to let go ain't no one got time for heart breaks you have live in the moment of everyday . what you two had was obviously strong and beautiful but it's gone let byegons be bye gones . you have to view this for what it is an experience !

• I agree with Eveline s comment try to move on its hard but we all go through it and learn from it

What Guys Said 2

• it's never too late. If you are thinking about her, she's probably also thinking about you also.

I can't say how she'll respond to you now, with the new boyfriend and all. But you have nothing to lose by sending her the letter you never sent.

Even if she doesn't reply, she'll be thinking about you, and who knows...if she breaks up with the new bf...who knows?

YOU will also not know, unless you try to get in touch with her and tellher you can't forget her!

Honestly, what do you have to lose at this point?

• That's because you have deep feelings for her.