Is kissing a guy on the cheek flirty?

I've like this guy for about 4 years, and I think I'm starting to fall in love with him. I've known him my whole life and he's the best. in December he told me he liked me too, but he hasn't done anything about it, or even acts like it happened! I went to his house on Friday and left on Monday, and as I was leaving I kissed him on the cheek to be flirty or show affection, but he didn't even seem like it was a big deal. I don't even know if he still likes me anymore.

Do you guys think I actually made an impact? do you think he has been thinking of me after that? would you like or think it's weird if someone kissed you on the cheek? would you start thinking of the girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Humans are very intellectual creatures but you need to be a bit more direct with getting that message to the guy. Perhaps you just felt like expressing affections as a friend. Unless he's analytical or intuitive I'd say odds are against him thinking about you afterward. Sorry. :/ but you may have to bring the topic back up by asking if he was interested in dating or if he still looks at you the same. In some households people kiss on the cheek all the time generally what will make a guy think more about you is if you stand out in a positive way in his life compared to other females. Doing something maybe for him that makes him think "wow how'd she know" or "hey that's cool...what made her think of that?" May make him think more often about you because it's mysterious, exotic and a very flirty thing conversation-wise. People tend to think about the things that make them curious or that entertain them so I'd say something like that develops passion. If they're passionate then they're more likely to think about things you do.

What Guys Said 1

• Quite flirty.

What Girls Said 1

• He might have just been alittle surprised but didn't know how to react so he tried to play it cool. And most likely he was cause if someone kissed you on the cheek wouldn't you think about, whether you liked the guy or not? So most likely he was thinking about you. And if you both had a mutual liking for each other (that you know of) then it wouldn't be too weird, just alittle unexpected. But if he did happen to move on then he might have found it alittle weird. He most likely did start thinking about you. Before I started dating my boyfriend, I know if he would've kissed me on the cheek I would have thought about him for awhile. But if you are best friends with this guy and talk to him often then I'd say the best way to know how he feels and how he felt about that, is to ask him. Just casually bring it up by saying you have a question and then maybe ask what he thought about what you did.

I hope this helped and I wish you two the best :)