Do you feel sorry for people who spend all day in front of their computer?

They are playing games of various kinds, or online chatting, and even online dating is mostly divorced from any real life experience.

People 1-20, especially, should be out on the street living, not staring at a screen. TV is bad enough.

Darn this computer, I meant to say, ages 15-20!
Sorry, I should have clarified, I meant people spending their FREE time in front of a computer. Obviously a lot of us spend a lot of work time there already, I didn't mean that
And then there are the people here on Gag who spend all their waking hours here, instread of being out getting some life experience, to make their advfice, so called, actually worth something!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes especially younger people that later in life doesn't know how to interact with real people in real life. I heard about a woman that spent almost all her time playing games on the computer she met her boyfriend on one of these games. He came to see her they sat in the same room and didn't know how to talk to each other so they talked over chat. I think that's do sad.

What Girls Said 8

• Haha well now I feel bad for responding to this question. My boyfriend is coming at in an hour though, so when he shows up, we're going to go outside and be active so I don't feel as bad.

• oh, the irony lol

• Yes a little.The funny thing is some of them even lie saying that they are going out somewhere to play sports or meet their friends when they are actually doing something else inside their house.

• ya kind of because they are limiting themselves from new social experinces: meeting new ppl, doing their fave hobbies, etc...

plus its not healthy physically or mentally - the internet can poison the brain or cause depression I find. plus youth is growing lazy and obese...

• All day every day, I do a bit. People should at least get a job or go to school or find someone to talk to face-to-face. But if they are able to maintain friendships and some sort of career path, then I think it's fine. Some people are just introverted and don't desire social interaction. It's natural.

• Twety years ago, it wasn't an option, and I think people were better off without this option!

• some times

• lol not really.

• People should spend their free time however they want. If that means going hiking, do it. If that means spending time with their family and/or pets, do it. If that means watching movies/TV shows, do it. If that means interacting with people online, do it.

Fact is, some people weren't dealt the best hands in life and if they want to hang out online, then they should.

I don't necessarily feel sorry for them, no. At least they found SOMEthing to enjoy. Some don't have anything.

It is ironic to ask a question online about people who spend their free time online, haha!

• I'm asking about those who spent most all their free time online though.

• That's who I'm talking about as well :-)

What Guys Said 12

• I feel so sorry for myself, but it is required of me looking at a screen almost everyday. Work ya know.

When I'm not working and I'm home I am also behind my pc, playing a game or watching a serie I downloaded earlier. When I go outside at the park or on a bench somewhere, my nose in my tablet or laptop reading a comic or 50 Shades of Grey or checking game updates and other stuff on Steam or even on GaG.

I don't think technology of today is making us less social, in more cases it has brought us more life dramas.

I think modern technology is a part of who we are now and it will eventually affect our children much more and will likely be part of themselves, if it isn't already.

I have seen how my own daughter is growing up with a touchscreen environment and tries to move all screens with her finger first before looking for another way to change the monitor picture. It will be interesting when everything around us also becomes voice and eye activated as well, along being touch sensitive. This is the environment she will be growing up in.

Oh how times are changing huh, Keep moving forward.

• I should have clarified, on your FREE time A lot of us have to work with one these days!

• Yeah, I know. I explained that as well what I do in my free time and how I see it influences my daily life and that of my family. I see it as normal and becoming a part of us, it's like how fast food restaurants have also become a daily part of most of our lives. I don't know anyone who only eats home cooking all day long or who doesn't own a mobile phone.

• maybe we are doing it toomuch..too much fast food, so people are obese, and too much screen tme, we're not outdoor and interacting with nature and each other.

• I do. I think everyone should be outdoors whenever possible.

But even when you can move away from the computer screen, it is hard to divest yourself from being online completely.

With smartphones, I am pretty much online 20 hours a day.

And when Google Glass is being sold to regular people, I just know I'll be wearing them all the time.

• Yes, that's what I mean. We are spending nearly all our free time online...not a good thing, imao

• outdoors whenever possible in your country?

• I haven't had the option so much. All my friends moved away, and I'm living in a suburb with not much to do.

I hate it to pieces sometimes. I want to be out meeting people, doing stuff, etc.

I suppose I could drive into town without any intent or reason. The thing is, most people are busy, they don't seem to want to be met.

• No, why on earth would I? It's there own choice to do so and everyone has a choice of how to spend their free time. I do it myself sometimes and I like it. I enjoy playing games, watching movies and scrolling the internet. I also enjoy going out and hanging out with friends so I do that too.

• During their free time: I don't feel sorry for them. It's not like they have to be in front of their computer. It's their decision. They want to. If they were somehow forced to always be in front of their computer, THEN I would feel sorry for them.

• I have this thing...called an corporate office job where I can go on GAG to make my workday go by faster and lower my productivity ya know? lol We live in a world where we have access to mobile devices, computers and the internet 24/7. Technology and the internet has revolutionized the way people communicate now. Whether you choose to do things face to face or online is completely up to you.

Oh frankly, I could care less what peeps do with their own free time.

• I don't really feel sorry for them. Most of them enjoy doing what they are doing, and if they really wanted to go outside, they would lol. Yeah it would be good for some of them, but if they are happy, I don't really feel sorry

• I don't know what else to do beside sit on the computer.

• Not really, they make more money then hard labor and get to sit in a leather chair with AC and a coffee room. It better to be a computer programmer, or even a data entry clerk then digging ditches in 90 F weather.

• I was thinking of people spending their free time in front of a computer, not their work time. As far as work goes, I see your point.

• I was trying to get across that many people spend their free time in front of a computer. So some guy who works in an office that goes out to clubs at night ridiculing some dude that was on his feet all day making sandwiches or whatever who then chooses to stay home and rest after a hard days work, drinks a few beers and plays videos games is kind of like pot calling the kettle black. Computers are part of modern society. We all tend to use them a lot.

• Maybe too much of it, though, isn't good.

• I also feel bad for those office workers. they are always fat, look tired and pale. but yes people who spend too much time on the computer lose their social skills which they never really acquired in the first place. my step brother is the same way. that's all he does besides going to college.

• depends on how often they do it

• Yes, if all they're good at is sitting before a computer for hours and not doing other things.