What do you think "dating" means?

I've been seeing this guy for about 6 weeks, and we've probably gone on about 10 dates. I think its going well, and I always have fun when we hang out. He recently graduated from graduate school, and all of his family was in town for the graduation. I ended up meeting all of them at a graduation party, and the guy told everyone that we were "dating". We've never discussed being in a relationship or being exclusive. So, what do you think "dating" means in this circumstance?

What Guys Said 1

• Dating is when you're still going out to dates and waiting to make it official.

What Girls Said 1

• I would say when your dating someone you are still keeping your options open/waiting for something better. Its confusing tho as he must liek you to introduce you to his family but after 6 weeks I would deffo expect to be refered to as a girlfriend and not just a date. you need to ask him straight