Is it weird to date a guy 16 years older than me?

We've been seeing each other for a while now, and I'm really into him. We have great chemistry and communication, but I'm 20 and he's 36. He gets nervous that as he gets older, I'll start to feel the real extent of our age difference. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is a big gap, he is ahead by almost 2 generations.

If you want to pursue a long permanent relationship with him, the answer is no. Chemistry and connection is common as you may think (hell there's 6 billion of us). But the age gap is not gonna make it last.

What Guys Said 4

• 16 years could be pushing it but that doesn't mean you can't have a wonderful relationship. Age can be relative. However, if you are still together 16 years from now he will be in his 50s while you are still in your mid-30s

• I would think you'd both need a very congruent outlook on life in order for that to last.

Ansser mine plz.

• No but think about him being an old man when you're in your 30s..

• that's way to big of an age gap. Your barely out of high school and he's had a career for many many years.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't listen to these men. My parents are 11 years apart and when you truly love or care deeply for someone age doesn't matter. If you really like him and fall in love nothing should change then. I am crazy about a guy who is 15years older than me...im 24...with any relationship you have to have similar out looks on life and want basically the same things. So if that's there plus love ull be just fine. My parents have been marroed for 25 years!