Is it worth reply to a text if you feel they aren't offering much to the conversation?

Girl I've been flirting with, I got a text off her at half one in the morning saying:

"I bet I can guess what you do & how you think, alright so, you just picked up your phone, saw my name, read this text, ...aaaand now you're thinking about me, and now you're smiling because I got it right ;) morning x"

Which I thought was odd at that time, but I replied saying "Certainly got me smiling, but you know imitation's a form of flattery.. trying to tell me something?" (I sent a similar text last week teasing her about looking at her phone, etc)

She replied "Nope, nothing to confess".

Now I'm not one for long conversations on text, I always keep it around 5 texts as I prefer to text witty/funny happenings during my day which would make her laugh and leave all the "how are you" stuff for phone conversations.

Is it worth replying to replies like "Nope, nothing to confess" when they don't contribute to the conversation?

Going off my gut, I would not reply to it and reinitiate a conversation another day, so she doesn't think replies like this gets a guaranteed answer from me and that she'd have to ask questions back or contribute a bit more to the conversation to get my attention/or answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not reply back. Have her reply back and initiate a real conversation. Yea she is flirting but she didn't have to play you when you sent her a text massage.

• Hmm, ended up replying and should have trusted my gut..

I replied "Well, I do have a very particular set of mind reading skills..". She replied "Not that good apparently". The I ended it with "Going to watch a film, text you later". Got no reply.

I take it she was being sarcastic saying "Not that good apparently" because I failed to "mind read" that she likes me, etc?

What Girls Said 1

• Besides the flirting, let me also add she is testing you. She wants to see who has the upper hand, and that's were the "Not that good apparently" But your "I'm busy ttyl" was a good comeback.

• I had a feeling she was playing hard to get to see how I'd react, etc. At least I did the right thing by doing that, I usually bail out of conversations if I feel someone is going cold or not pushing the conversation along. I guess where "being a challenge" comes into play? I.e let someone work for your interest, a compliment, etc

• Exactly.. And also for the record, it's kinda fun to have that back and forth, because a guy who shows confidence is sexy

• What do you mean back and forth, take it the confidence? I always feel confident with my replies, as in I prefer statements to questions, no moaning or double texting if she hasn't replied. I feel it is working though, she's been texting me out the blue quite a lot recently. Although, part of me does feel like I'm not doing enough to be a challenge, but I don't want to overdo it

What Guys Said 1

• I would personally leave it a few hours and then text her something completely different. Start a new conversation. I wouldn't reply back to that.

Don't know why she sends me a huge text, then acts cold? I definitely shouldn't have replied.. Should I reinitiate another day, or let her start the next one seeing as I replied last?

• Probably because you said "Going to watch a film". She probably thought you didn't want to talk maybe?