guys don't date girls who live with their mom?

so my friend was like no offense... but no ones going to seriously date a girl who lives with their mom.

My story: I recently moved back from my moms my ex and I had a house with roommates... I lost my previous job but I have another one and won't start making big bucks until August... but my mom said she can't take me off the lease when I want to it'll be up to a year... and I want to get out there and date! I'm educated smart and have my own car and job...

And I really don't want my own place where a Guy just wants to be with me so he basically ends up living with me using my car..etc etc... I wanna eventually date and get out there or make friends with guys I'm BUMBED OUT!

Yes my friends a girl... she just turned 21 has a baby and a great boyfriend he provides for her! I swear she has a great man but who knows what she put up with...

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not true at all! I know so many girls who live with their parents, have no jobs, no money, and aren't even nice that have bf's.

You have a job, you seem nice, and you have a good head on your shoulders. You just had some issues and had to move back in with mom for a bit. This kind of stuff happens.

Your friend is dumb. She is lucky she has a guy that provides for her and her kid. Not everyone is lucky to find a person who will stay by their side and be reliable.

I have friends like this too. They have never had to live on their own and have to struggle by themselves, they had kids in high school and lucky for them the guys decided to stick around and support them. The girls are great moms, but they don't know how hard it is for us single gals out there who are doing it for ourselves (some even have kids!).

I know having kids is hard, but so is being single and being vulnerable. Starting out with or without kids is not easy. I have bills to pay, and I pay them, but sometimes stuff happens. Our plans don't always work out, our relationships sometimes end. And then we find ourselves in a vulnerable position, especially if you were living with the boyfriend.

Many of my friends judged me when I was having room-mate issues. But they never had to live with room-mates, they were lucky that their family could afford their own place.

I think your friend just doesn't understand what you are going through because she has never had to deal with it. Yes, you don't have kids, but it can still be hard on you financially to go from a two income household, to being single and not having a place to live. But that is what family is for, they help you when you are down.

I had to struggle to get out of where I was, and had to ask my family for assistance. I felt like a loser for doing so, but I had no choice. I try to help my family where I can though.

I think your friend's problem is that she doesn't understand your problems. A lot of my friends think because I don't have kids that I have a worry free, easy life. But that's simplifying everything. Yes I do not have kids, but single people still have struggles. It's just different struggles than what someone with kids and a husband/SO have.

• Wow thank you so much... sometimes I never really think like that... I always put myself down because yes eventually I do want to be in her position... she is always there for me when I have problems but she's thick headed. She thinks her life is way better than mine..and honestly its not. I have nothing on kids and would love to have my own one day..lol but she's 21 damn there locked down...I work out I have a bomb body lol and I'm cute I need to tell mfs to kiss my ass sometimes stick up 4 me

• Exactly! Don't let people knock you down because you are with your mom. You are lucky! Not everyone is close to their parents, some people don't even know their parents. In a few years, you will be looking back and be proud of how far you have come. Just because you don't have everything now, doesn't mean you won't have it some day. I am a lot like you. Most of my friends are parents and always going on about how great their lives are. You just have to be strong. You will have your family too!

What Guys Said 6

• your friend is retarded.

• Some people don't understand what it's like to be put in certain situations and so they immediately blacklist certain people as undesirables. Such is the way of life.

• ofcourse I can date a girl who live with her parents

• your friend is dumb.

• your friend is talking s***

• Is your friend a chick? That's their logic. Guys don't put that many restrictions on girls. You have to look decent and be fun to hang around.

• Yea she's a chick

• So she is being provided for by her boyfriend at the age of 21, but she says you can't get a guy because you live with your parents? Do you see the hypocrisy in that?

Does she normally try to put other people down? She sounds like she's that type.

What Girls Said 2

• Guys just want a girl that's pretty. They don't mind the other stuff. They don't have too many rules for girls.

• That's not true