Ladies: If you were 30, would you date someone a little younger?

I've been attracted to this 30 year old lady who is in my postgrad class. I'll be turning 26 this year, but I've been told I look a little younger. There was initial attraction, but I feel she's been giving me the cold shoulder treatment (when I asked her out, she gave me a date which was in 3 weeks). I gave her space for 2 weeks, and then sent her an email telling her how I feel about her, it's been a week and I've yet to hear from her. We've not been on a single date.

What are the factors that would make you not want to pursue a relationship with someone a little younger than yourself? We are both studying in finance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 28, and in my opinion, it's not how old you look, it's how mature you act/are. If I were her, I might be wondering if you're looking for the same sort of commitment and depth of a relationship as she is.

• That makes a little sense, I look a little on the bad boy side, like I'm into partying and stuff, but deep down I'm focused but she can't see that because she has not been out with me yet. Urgh :S

• Thanks, good luck with her :-)

What Girls Said 6

• There is absolutely wrong with that age gap. If you like someone (of legal age of course) go for it. Life is too short to live by societies so called standards. Live for yourself I say. Stuff what people think. Most of the time their just jealous anyway.

• if I liked him enough yeah.

• I am 30 and I'm dating a 28 year old and all is well.

• it's possible

• Sure I would

• thats really not that much younger than you. only 4 years. Absolutely (IF I were 30 again sigh,) I would date someone your age.

What Guys Said 1

• dont do it, she will want you to have kids with her tomorrow. a 30 year old women is past her expiration date

• Hahaha yes.

• I plan to just date, not really looking that far, but thank you.

• yeah I understand but lots of women that age are not looking to just date.