Would you date a feminist or a men’s rights activist?

Would you date someone who called himself/herself a feminist or a men’s rights activist?

Updates:
Bear in mind there are male feminists and female men's rights activitists too. Would you date those?

0|0
8|7

Most Helpful Girl

• A male feminist? That is actually preferred, because he'll see me as a human being and respect me for my accomplishments instead of disrespecting me simply because I am female.

MRA? No way. Thomas Ball was an abusive nut who set himself on fire.

A lot of men's rights are legitimate (e.g. custody) but most MRAs are raving lunatics who want underaged, virgin brides who will make them a sammich, pay for everything, raise kids, and work while they sit at home playing WoW all day. Just, no. Not to mention the horrific things they say about single moms and non-virgins being whores, worthless, "used," "should be prostitutes," etc. Or their absolute disregard for female intelligence, saying we are too "emotional," deserve rape while denying rape culture, etc. It's a mess.

0|0
    0|1
    • Let's face it-- young white males in their 20s aren't trying hard enough in school-- that is why they aren't getting into (or staying in!) college as much, and this is coming from a woman from a family of high-achieving males. They worked their butts off!

• Show All
    • Of course I would like to figure out why they are like this, but it seems there's nothing I can do. It seems that the behavior is encouraged in some way. Perhaps we can blame the overbearing mom who tells him how wonderful he is despite his lack of effort in life, or the dad who allows him to be a freeloader in the house throughout his young adulthood (aka no consequences). Perhaps if there were more individual consequences besides "I can't get laid" it would be better.

• That being said, I appreciate your comments for being respectful and for making me think. The issues that affect you are important and legitimate, unlike the many complaints of MRAs I have listed here.

What Girls Said 7

• I would not date either one.

The male feminist would be a little too feminine for me. I like a guy who respects women and has empathy, but a male feminist? I might as well date a woman.

A men's rights activist? No, I don't hate myself so there is no point in dating a sexist disrespectful abusive whiner.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. They are freakin annoying as hell

0|0
    0|0
  • As a feminist myself, I would date a male feminist.

I would also be completely open to dating MRA's... as long as we are reasonable with one another. I've met a lot of MRA's online that are for gender equality and they can be cool.

The label doesn't matter as much as long as he isn't sexist.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, they might cause more problems in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I might date a male feminist. But not a male mra

1|0
    0|2
  • Mra? Nope. Not a chance in hell

1|0
    0|3
    • "But the world OWES me a hot girl! Nevermind, they're all whores anyway. But make me a sammich, woman!"

• Show All
    • That kind of hate must eat away at them. I think most MRAs are quite damaged individuals...

• Indeed

• no

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I don't date based off of one's political affiliations. While I would like to be with someone similar to me, It isn't necessary. I'm okay with either. I wouldn't care if she was total feminist or men's rights whatever. As long as she doesn't try to force her views down my throat, I'm fine.

Btw, I don't really support either group. I'm a egalitarian, I believe that all people are equal and I don't see much point in both groups bickering.

0|0
    0|0
  • I meet some girls like that and I am attracted to them because they are nonconformists and don't follow normal conventions.

0|0
    0|0
  • No chance. A feminazi... smh... don't care how beautiful she is... no chance.

Hell, I wouldn't even be friends with a "male feminist." Frankly, they're worse than a female feminist - they're traitors to there own gender!

0|1
    1|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I wouldn't date a feminist, although I have no problem being friends with one.

Feminism is pretty much not part of my culture. I know there are feminists that fight for respect and things like that, but I don't want to be with someone who believes in individualism. My issue is not with feminists, but with the idea of individualism.

I'm looking to be with someone who has similar morals and values. So I would want to be with someone religious (preferably the same religion). If I find someone who has good morals and values, she will inherently be a good person who believes in respect, etc. So feminism and men's rights activism will not be needed if everyone can learn to be respectful and other such things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea. I guess I would be leaning towards no. I would prefer if people were about equality instead of only focusing on one side of the problem

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I might be a little intrigued by a female men's rights activist. That has to be a needle in a haystack.

0|1
    0|0
    • No sh*t! Good luck finding one of those! :P

• If they are legit arguments like the child custody issue, I support that. A male's "right" to sex when a girl says no? Absolutely not, I don't support MRA-condoned rape.

• I have never heard a single one say that. I know you are a feminazi type, so I know you make stuff up to support your cause.