Do girls like making men feel depressed?!

I don't know if this is a typical girl thing, that all girls like to do this to seem more dominant, but it really gets on my nerves. Why can't you all be more straight forward?

I texted my crush 2 days ago to see how she was doing. She texts me back 5 min later saying "Sorry I'm really anxious right now ... About tomorrow's exam ... I'll answer you later ok? So, so sorry I love you so much <3<3.[...]"

I told it was fine. But she hasn't even had the decency to text me. I know she must be devilishly busy at the moment but I thought girls would really want to speak to the boy they like and make time to talk to them.

I don't know if I need to wait and see, or that I should text her now or tomorrow ... I'm lost in all honesty.

P.S Before you even start telling me "Why are you texting her? Go meet her in person" and all that; She's in Paris, I'm in London. I can't call her because of the price, I can't talk to her on Skype because apparently her Webcam doesn't work properly ...

She's told me a week ago that she REALLY likes me and that she can't wait to see me for her Prom (to which she invited me to).

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, if its a big exam, then she is definitely busy with studying and preparation and it's not that she "wants to make you feel depressed" its just that she's busy. You're looking at things too selfishly here. Granted you want to spend time with her, but then if she's texting you back and forth, you're distracting her and it could have a devastating effect on her performance on the exam.

You're right, when we fall for someone, we want to interact with them as much as possible, but we, just like you, have priorities and sometimes, we have to set aside our wants to satisfy our needs. Lets say you're a work and you're working on this major project for your boss, and the deadline is drawing near but you still have so much to organize and complete before you can present it. Wouldn't you want her to be understanding and allow you time to finish? Or would you prefer she text you every five minutes and you will entertain every text she sends, even though it could cause you to miss the deadline? Try and remember she's in that situation and its only for one more day. Show some compassion, be patient and supportive. I am certain things will be back to normal tomorrow after the exam.

What Girls Said 17

• Here's a straightforward fact for you: when a person (male or female) truly likes, cares for, or even loves another person then no matter how busy they are, they will make contact in some way. Texting is not difficult or time consuming. In today's world, it is the EASIEST mode of communication there is.

So, what does this fact tell you about your crush?

Answer this question for yourself. How do you feel overall right now? What is your emotional state at this very moment? Do you feel good, happy, and secure? Do you feel uncomfortable, anxious, or depressed?

If you're are feeling a positive emotion, then whatever you're doing, keep doing it.

If you're are feeling a negative emotion, that is your cue to move in a different direction. A person who is right for you in a romantic sense won't leave you feeling negative emotions (most of the time). In a good, healthy relationship, you will feel secure, confident, loved, respected. A relationship that is not beneficial for you will leave you feeling not so good.

Use your emotions to guide you. Your feelings are like signs on the road for you. Feeling good, stay on the same road. Feeling bad, make a turn onto a different road and see how that makes you feel. Keep making turns until you feel good.

• Do girls like making men feel depressed?!

Some do and some don't. In general I highly doubt it as it seems gals are people pleasers often to the own detriment of their happiness and most advice they get and give is how to please males.

In your scenario likely she didn't even think you would be depressed about her being busy due to an exam thus not making the time to talk to you. As for her not having the decency to text you in my opinion when she said "answer you later" that implies after she is done studying and doing her exam.

• Trust me: If a girl wants to talk to you, she WILL. Even if she's just been attacked by a bear she'll make a point to talk to you in some way. But by your other facts it looks like she's into you. Maybe she is just losing interest or she actually is busy. I mean if she want interested at ALL, she would not be sending you 'So so sorry I love you', she'd be ignoring you. And she would not tell you she really likes you either, she'd never dream of telling you that. So she obviously has feelings for you and she either ignored your text because she's losing interest or because she actually is busy (which is why I think it's weird because even when a girl is busy she will do anything to talk to the boy she likes.) So shoot her another text. And just say "Hey' and see what she does with that. Good luck!

• Lol sent her "Hi how did your exam ago did you merk it?" She answered 2 seconds later with a huge text and we back and forth for 4 hours. Think I really need to stop worrying do much.

• So many guys here ask whether or not a girl is into them, or if they're playing hard to get, etc. Such a good answer.

• It's really possible that she is just that busy/distracted by things going on in her world. She answered your question from before-she was feeling anxious about an exam. Don't let the fact that she hasn't texted you since make you upset. If you want to talk to her, then talk to her. Ask her how her exam went, not only will you seem charming and concerned, she'll know that you were really paying attention, which earns you points. Stop sulking and get to it.

• I don't see anything wrong with what she did. She said she was busy. She told you WHAT she was busy with. I don't know why you'd be depressed about that. Just let her deal with her exams.

• I don't see the problem. She has been completely honest and straight forward here. I know from her point of view that when you're doing the last minute cramming for an exam you're stressed over you can't be dealing with other things like people, eating and general hygiene. Every second counts. You can spend 24 hours straight rocking back and forth and mumbling material to yourself. You even study in your sleep. I know it's something a lot of people don't get. I used to get so annoyed with my ex when he would interrupt my studies to ask me stupid questions he should be able to figure out himself. When your partner is intense study mode you just have to step back and leave them alone until it's done. The brain literally cannot study and do the whole social thing at the same time. Don't over think it. It has nothing to do with you or how she feels about you. In fact I'd be more concerned with why you are taking this to heart. This question is about you not her.

• It's possible that she could just be blowing you off, but you shouldn't assume that right away. Speaking as a university student, some weeks can really be so packed that you don't have a minute to spare. Sometimes, even the prospect of a busy week can make you feel anxious enough to not be in a texting mood. It's very difficult to get out of that mindset before you finish your exam/assignment. Texting requires a certain playful mindset and sometimes you can't get into it, even if you're not busy at the moment.

• Maybe she is really busy you know. You are over thinking it maybe, she may be really busy with her exams and really stressed. It has nothing to do with you. Text her, be nice she doesn't need to be anxious about another thing. When I had my exams I forgot to eat does it mean that I don't like to eat ? No.

• Well If you like her that much then you need to understand her. So just wait a couple of days to see if she'll answer and if she doesn't she migh have been really busy and forgot about it.

It has happened to me, so don't think the worst of the situation

• She's likely losing interest. If I like a guy talking to him would make me less test anxious.

We go out of our way to talk to guys we like.

• What a ridiculous question. She has an -exam.- Give her space.

• she was just busy don't blam her she have nthing to do with it and ahh she likes you you should text her and see how she's doing

• We love it. It's what we live for.

• She must just be busy.

• You sound really needy, no offense but you do. If she's busy and got exams going on then why not consider that? Don't be selfish and think that she should drop everything and text you. Find something to do with yourself

• dont worry bro , show her a pic of a good looking guy and tell her that's you and she will agree with you

• I don't see how I sound needy ...

• Yes we enjoy it

• Its hard to tell sarcasm online without a smiley face or a lol:)

• Fair enough

• The day after the exam ask her how did the testing go. That should make her happy knowing that you remembered and you knew she was stressed out about it. She honestly hasn't done anything wrong, she told you why she couldn't text at the moment, just relax.

What Guys Said 8

• You're holding onto something that is doomed to failure. You two live way too far apart to make this work.

• Girls like to play mind games sometimes to make men want more. It's a common tactic and you clearly fell for it if that was her intention, lol.

• Be careful. You ahouldnt have to depend on anyone to make you happy. Not even a girl. If ahe is making you depressed then you are relying on her too much for feelings.

Take a few steps back from this situation and possibly go for a jog or a physical activity so that you can get your emotional geelings in balance.

Then after that, you may possibly have better balnce of judgement on what you vould do in this situation.

Sometimes common sense is right in front of our eyes but infatuation and strange emotions overwhelm by grtting the best of us.

• I think you're way too attached

• Girls are cold as ice, never forget that. When it comes to self interests such as an exam (and let alone other things) they will forget even their children in the most extreme case, who are their blood, let alone you.

I suggest to you to do the same. Focus on your life first and put your girl second place. It sounds bad, yes, but they do it so why not you?

Goodluck.

By the way you shouldn't text her, no. Let her taste her own medicine, that is, if she indeed does care for you!

• The EXACT same thing is going on with me right now man...

Do girls like making us feel depressed? Not all of them do consciously, but ALL of them do subconsciously... so even if the intent was not on purpose, the end result is the same. SHAME ON THEM!

• Wtf? Dude, from the info given here she really likes you. Just relax a bit bro

• Get a real girlfriend not an internet girlfriend. If you leave your house you might meet girls that live near you and you won't have these problems.