Meeting my boyfriend's kids!

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for a couple weeks and he really wants me to meet his kids due to the fact that he never felt this way for anyone. (Yay.) He has been previously married and had two kids with that woman. They were married for three years but it didn't work out due to the fact that she slept with five different men while married to him. He dated a girl off and on afterward but he broke up with her every time. He said this is crazy due to the fact he never felt so into anyone before and the idea to him is scary and awesome at the same time. That and he jokes about if he knew me when I was sixteen and he was twenty. (He's 25 and I'm 22).

Anyways, I told him I'd go to church tomorow with him and meet his kids. I don't have problems with kids at all since in college I'm trying to be an elementary teacher. The boy is five and the girl is two so they are young enough to be fun. He told them that I'm, "daddy's good friend who he likes very much" and that "I love them a lot already" which are both true. I never dated someone with kids before so it's kind of different for me already.

Does anyone have any good advice on what to expect or what's the best way to get to know them? I'm nervous but I refuse to be desperate and odd about it!

Guys, his son wanted to meet me and we've already discussed the fact of the earliness. I do appreciate the thoughts on that but I'm talking about the best ways to go about getting to know them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seriously, a few weeks is a horrible idea to start meeting someone's kids. This could potentially mess up the kids if it does not work out. A single parent should not expose a date to his or her kids until at least months into the relationship. The reason for this is that if it don't work out, the kids are now in the middle of the parent's predicaments. The kids already have a divorce to deal with, now they have to deal with daddy's dates. There are many kids out there who keep meeting a new girlfriend/boyfriend over and over again and it messes up the kids. They are too early to be dealing with adult relationships.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's great that you two have such strong feelings for each other, but in my experience, it's not a good idea to meet the kids until you're several months into the relationship. Two weeks is WAY too early.

• You should try to ask a lot of questions. They are still young, and they need a motherly figure which is you.

What Girls Said 2

• Just relate to them

• My best friend is in EXACTLY the same predicament as you. Exactly. Like, I read this and wondered for a moment if she was the one asking this question. Literally the only difference is that she's 21 and he's 28, and that's the only way I knew that this wasn't her. Freaky.

But anyway. I'll tell you exactly what I told my friend. I think it's WAY to f***ing soon for you be meeting his kids. A couple of weeks is not long enough to be coming into his children's life like that. I think you're rushing things. Wait longer. Until the brand new, rush of the relationship is over and you can see if this is really going to work or not. Don't be carried away by fantasies of marrying this guy and having a great big family and living happily ever after. It's important not to rush things when children are involved. I'm saying this from the perspective of someone who's met lots of boyfriends and girlfriends of my parents throughout my life.

But, if you insist on doing it anyway, even though it's really soon.. just be nice to them? They're little kids. It won't be that hard for them to warm up to you, because they're little. If they were a bit older, it would be a different story.