I got what I wanted - My guy friend wants to go on a date. But now I don't know if that's what I really want.

Long story short my guy friend and I have been friends for a long ass time and recently I developed feelings for him and I'm not sure how long he's had feeling for me. SO yesterday we went to a fair - just us - and hung out and we ended up holding hands and stuff and at the end my mom gave him a ride home and he told me he see's a lot of potential between us to have a relationship and wants to go on an actual date soon. So YES, that's exactly what I wanted to happen... until like 2 hours after. Don't get me wrong, I totally like him enough to date him it's not about that. I'm not sure if I WANT to though because we've been friends for so long now (over a year probably closer to 2) and I don't know if I want to risk losing our relationship if we broke up. PLEASE weigh in and give me some opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been where you are before. Trust me, if you put on the brakes now, damage will already be done. Guys absolutely hate thinking they have a shot only to find out she changed her mind. So you're better off just going for it... It could turn out really, really great.

What Guys Said 3

• You just need to take the risk.

Being friends is the best way of starting a relationship. Are you saying you are second guessing dating him BECAUSE you like him? How do you picture dating then? With guys you don't know well enough to fear losing them as a friend? That can't be the right approach.

Just go on a date, go slowly and be honest towards him.

• Take a chance and date

you could die tomorrow

• if you say no the friendship is over anyways.

• why would it be over if I said no?

• Because if a guy likes a girl, and a girl rejects him, it's painful to be around her in a friendly way because it reminds him of the rejection you gave him. Thus, you're automatically associated with negative feelings, and it's unlikely that you two can remain friends.

What Girls Said 2

• THe unfortunate thing is that you've pretty much hit the point of no return - turning back here you won't have the same relationship as if you change your mind you're sort of rejecting him

Give it a try! You might just be panicking. Ask yourself why your afraid then justify it.

• Go for it! Don't over think this stuff or else, THAT is what will screw up your friendship. You can go on a date and see how it goes. Until you are absolutely sure that you don't want to be with him, don't give him the ego blow of a rejection. No matter how you say it and what your reasons are, it will hurt his feelings if you do that. Just go with the flow and have fun :)