Why would he say that he can't believe that my boyfriend is actually dating me?

My boyfriend is getting his phD in physics and had some colleagues over the other night to work on a project. I tried not to interrupt and stay in our bedroom. I really just went to the kithen to make everyone something to eat and the last thing I heard before I closed the bedroom door again was one of the guys saying "I can't believe you're actually dating her"

I thought a lot about it and I don't even know what it means? Is it positive or negative?

I kind of fullfill a lot of sterotypes, I'm a cheerleader, joined a sorority... and a lot of people assume I'm a bitch and superficial, which I'm really not. I mean I got into college with a cheerleading sholarship, so I need to stay in shape, aside from that I'm not superficial though. But is that what he meant? The he should be dating someone nicer, maybe more academic?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. he means, I can't believe a nerd like you (physics PHD) is dating a good looking cheerleader.

it's something out of the Big Bang Theory to his friends.

No doubt his crowd mostly has the stereotype of a cheerleader that you mentiioned..not too bright, stuck up; very superficial, snobby...

And not interested in intellectual type guys, most of all!

What Guys Said 2

• I think the person meant "What would a hot cheerleader sorority babe see in a PhD Physics nerd like you?"

• Sounds like you maybe heard a bit of envy from his colleagues…. Which is a compliment. I'd run with that if I was you. And please remember not to take small snippets of conversations seriously as you could be missing the context totally. I have an ex that continually got that kind of stuff totally wrong and reacted accordingly all the time… It was horrible and I'm glad to be rid of her!

What Girls Said 2

• Probably the equivalent of Leonard dating Penny on Big Bang Theory.

IF he meant it in a bad way he wouldn't have said it while you were in the apartment.

• ask him what they meant by that..u overheard it when you were cooking it.