I just got done with a first date...is she just not interested?

Well we went out on a date last night. Went to dinner and afterward went to the city to walk around. In total it lasted 4 hours. At the end, I drove her back and she didn't lean over for a hug or a kiss or anything. She just got out of the car and looked back in to talk to say thanks. I go back home and I text her "Hey, I know I said it before but I really did have a fun time. Thanks for a great night!"

She didn't respond. So yeah, I'm pretty bummed at this point. Is her no response to that a major sign of no interest? And what about to attempt for a hug/kiss?

And most importantly, what should I do next?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Most likely, she's not interested. If you want to know for sure, try the following:

1) Ask her out on another date (but wait another day or two before you call her). If she turns you down or doesn't return your call, you're out.

2) If she agrees to go on another date with you, pick her up and drop her off at her home. Walk her to her door and give her a kiss at the end of the date. (Don't wait for her to initiate it.) If she turns her head or finds an excuse to avoid kissing you, you're out.

BTW, don't go for a kiss on the cheek or a hug. You want to let her know beyond any shadow of a doubt that you don't want to be just her friend. Good luck!

• I was planning on just texting her tomorrow night to start up a random conversation. Then at the end I'd tell her I have to take off but "I'll give you a call tomorrow." And then I'd ask her out on the call that next day.

Good? She's much more of a texter. We're both 19 so yeah...

• I don't think the random conversation is necessary, but that's your call. I just call 'em up and ask 'em out -- direct, to the point, and supremely confident. A confident guy knows what he wants, goes for it, and doesn't waste anyone's time.

What Girls Said 3

• Okay 1. She might have had stuff ti Di when she got home so give her time tonight. Why type of girl is she. That should tell you off the bat if she's gonna replt. And well... you were in the car. You didn't open her car door therefore you didn't give an opening to offer a hug a kiss. Its awkward hugging someone for the first date in a car. I've tried I felt like a loserlol

• I agree with wizeguy. wait to talk to her and don't put yourself on the friend zone.

• I agree with wizeguy. She's most likely not interested, but take his advice to see if she really isn't.

What Guys Said 4

• Think back on those four hours. How did she react to you when you two were around? Was she aloof, or was she really showing keen interest? Did she smile alot? Stare at you? How was the flow of conversation? And when she left, besides thanking you, did she give any hint like she was looking forward to another date? The reason why I'm asking this is because if the date was stale it shouldn't come off as a surprise the way she acted at the end.

As for the kissing thing, that's kind of different... if you two were truly into each other, kissing on the first date can work, but usually the safest time to do it is at least on the third date. As for hugging, that's kind of a dangerous thing to do. Some girls may find it as a sign of interest, others may find it as a sign that you only see them as friends. So hugging, I don't know. I suppose "how" you hug the girl could make a difference, but, meh...

• She wasn't interested in a second date, and you were way too eager.

Not that there would have been anything wrong with being eager if the date had gone well, but it obviously didn't, and so your text message at the end just told her that you had no clue how to read the situation at all.

This girl is done. Time to find a new one.

• It seems that she just want you to have the last word.

• 0|0