Do you prefer to date someone with the same or different interests?

Having the same interests would mean you already enjoy the same stuff, while different interests means you could introduce each other to new things. what's your preference, if any?

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly when things are new in a relationship/ dating there is so much infatuation that regardless of differences in hobbies etc you both would be so excited to learn so much about each other that you would be willing to try new things etc even if you werent that into the things they were into.

However, once that infatuation spell wares off you realize that compatibility is SO vital for a relationship to last. not saying that you aren't necessarily compatible with someone just because you don't share the same interests. compatibility can have a lot to do with someones attitude etc are they passive aggressive, how they handle communication etc. BUT if you do have a lot in common it probably does indicate a more likely sign you are compatible. so I would say sharing interests, goals, hobbies etc could mean you are at a similar stage in life to one another or share certain perspectives on things nad I think this is a very good sign.

• Have you ever started going out with a guy and then realized you had absolutely no common interests?

• Yeah I feel you, I find the most exciting people are those who are happy to do new stuff, as you say, like rock climbing. Did you ever feel pressured to make yourself a more interesting person and do all these new wacky things? I think one of the things I need to masker is finding the balance between spending my time on current passions, and pursuing new ones.

• No I felt pressured to become less me and less passionate about life he tried to kill my fire and confidence. He was selfish in the end. I think it's not necessarily about someone that shares your interests but someone who will motivate you and encourage you to Persue yours even if they don't share same passion. It's about supporting each other. That common philosophy will be the most bonding thing more than any shared activity

What Girls Said 4

• A combination of both. For instance, I love the outdoors. However, I don't have experiences in all outdoor activities. Finding someone that has different outdoor hobbies is always fun. But its also nice to have a man I can go hunting with. But if he also has an indoor interests I've never tried, that can be intriguing as well.

• It really doesn't matter to me, I guess both would be lovely, and I love trying new things. But if he doesn't like video games or pot, I don't think it'd work out lol.

• I think I need to have common interests but still be able to complement each other.

• cutie ;)

What Guys Said 3

• I would prefer same interests.

• Similar interests but enough different interests to keep it interesting

• it sort of doesn't matter but I'd lean towards similar since it give you a common thing to talk about and do.