Should I just completely give up?

Should I just give up on ever finding romance completely? Here is my situation:

I am 22, never had a girlfriend, or ever been on a date. I don't have a problem talking to girls, never have. Most of my friends were girls. When I would be over at their place, their parents would usually say things like, "If *insert name here* would get her head out of her a** and date you, she would be so happy" or that I'm the kind of guy they wish they dated 40 years ago.

I know I'm not that hard on the eyes, but the only people that seem to think that are 20 to 40 years older, especially when I keep my 5'oclock shadow. Girls my age seem to only think of me as a brother or a f*$#ing freak.

I do have phisical problems. I have bad knees which forces me to limp and makes walking/standing very painful. I have tendon problems in both elbows and left wrist from work related incidents, and it feels like the bones my left anckle and top of my foot are constantly grinding. On top of all that, I have a severe stutter.

I can't afford to take time off of work to do anything about it because I just moved back to Canada to be with family. Because of those problems, my work options are very limited and the only place that wants to (in the words of other placed that I applied to, "hire a bloody yanke") hire me is the place my mom works at and that's out of pitty more than anything else. My cousins that I grew up with were excited at first now want nothing to do with me because I refuse to do drugs with them. I also have no friends up here and can't get out too often.

Would anyone ever want to date a guy with my phisical problems and is in that kind of situation? Or should I just tear my heart out and throw it away?

As far as I know, no one has ever been interested in me.

Also, I am doing everything I can to move myself up and finding a better job.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should give up, Love will come your way.

What Girls Said 3

• Ok. Listen. If you want love then stop waiting for it to fall in your lap. You even said you are capable of talking to girls. So what is the problem? Ask one out. If she says no guess what tough sh*t for her and move onto the next chick. You can't take it personally when a girl says no. There could be s million different reasons as to why she turned you down. Just make a move instead of waiting around. You are gonna miss out on something great if you dont.

• I am out there trying to meet people. I have a feeling that my stutter and that its painful for me to walk/stand turn a lot of potential dates away, or that they feel awkward because of how much I struggle just to do something simple like hold a conversation or go dancing etc...

• Stop making excuses. If you feel like these things are holding you back then its time for you to start figuring out how to overcome them.

• Stop looking for love and it will come to you with the right person

• Just give yourself some patience to find what you're looking for

What Guys Said 1

• Nahhh I wouldn't give up, you're just having a rough time.