Why do you online date?

What are reasons as to why you would consider online dating, particularly if you're a guy?

Some detail: this guy is 26. He's recently quit his job and moved out of his place. He may move to another state in a few months. But if you are going to possibly move, why use online dating? To get laid? To look for emotional support? Isn't a serious relationship at a point like this not something on his mind?

Most Helpful Guy

• People I know who are dating post college usually date online and offline.

He may move in a few months. He may not. He's probably not planning to be celibate because he might move in a few months. Does that mean he's only looking for a hookup? Maybe. Or maybe he figures if he meets the girl of his dreams, he wouldn't move, or they'd work it out.

• This makes sense. But I have always been under the impression that if you are limited on funds and time and whatnot, you wouldn't want to date, even to hook up, because this means investing time and money. No?

• Hm. If he was very clear in telling me, "I may have a few months left here and I might have to move" this is likely a warning to me, namely that of not to expect anything serious? He sends mixed signals-talking about friends and family, asking questions about me, wanting to see me constantly, telling me about his dating past (without me prompting it). I get the feeling, he would like something serious but will not commit. Would I be right to think this?

• Maybe, maybe not.

If - and I have no idea - if he is generally a 'relationship' guy, then he could be:

A - warning you he MIGHT have to move so he's not hiding it from you.

B - letting you know that either things would stay casual and end, or get serious enough that the relationship would impact where he moved and you'd be far enough along to consider long distance. Look if you start dating and are perfect, you'll make it work.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, online dating can be tricky. However at the same time effective. I work 6 days a week, so yea not a lot of free time to go out and meet girls. Hence to why I use the online dating method.. Course not at this time cause I'm looking to move out of state aside from the point.

The guy your talking about is probably trying to get a little action...be careful

• he may be one of those shy people like me who want just to go on a date and talk to girls doesn;t necessarily mean he want sex or a relationship.

• He may be looking just to casually date... not ALL dating is in pursuit of a relationship, QA.

• Maybe lack of social skills. Probably shy, or living in a terrible area of raunchy women

• online is the best way to meet women, it takes not very much effort for the same thing I can do going and tring to meet someone. you don't waste money or as much time trying to get to know people. you can really be a player too when you do it online, especially online I can string many more women that in person. online you get to pick from a lot of people and browse who is near by, and that being said you get a good idea of who is actually single nothing like approaching a girl who is taken...and you can hook up just for nsa sex and that's the best part. shy? no social skills? hardly if you think that imagine this, you don't always have your looks to back you up or anything else all you have is nothing to create something out of. when you try to message someone you want to come up with something witty and smart and clever that the next million guy didn't message her before, being funny takes more online. I can't tell you how many girls messaged me hi or hello or how is it going. if they did that I didn't even message back

What Girls Said 1

• It's not for me. I like to see a person and get a feeling before I talk to them or plan to meet them. I hear it works for some though. But I would be very careful!