Do I even have the right to be mad at him?

I'm 18, have turned down every guy who has asked me out, don't take guys seriously when they flirt with me, and haven't liked anyone since my freshman year of high school. Until the guy came along. He mad me laugh all the time, was a true southern gentleman, and made me feel special. We never said we liked each other, but every told us they knew we did. We were supposed to hangout Tuesday but then he stopped texting me in the middle of the day so we never finalized the plans. I texted him last night since it had been over 36 hours since we had talked and that was a record, but I got no reply. Then today my friend said she saw him at the movies with another girl. I'm not too upset about that, it's the more the fact that now he won't talk to me. He just disappeared. We only hung out by ourselves once even bough he paid (I'm still not clear if that was a date). I'm hurt, but do I have the right to be mad?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, Mlle.

You sound like a girl that has steel for bones. I too, am a Southern Gentleman (born and raised in the greatest State, Virginia).

Yes, you do have the right to be upset, I would be, that's for sure. But, Flirting is an art that Southern Ladies, particularly, have taught us. Allow your Charm to come through, and be seen. Remember always, that the Antebellum South was the Cradle of our American Culture for over 200 years. There is nothing to be ashamed about from saying this.

Heritage, not hate. I am certain you know what I mean

What Guys Said 1

• You have the right to have any emotion you want. That being said...it's ironic that a girl who takes the time to mention she 'turns down every guy who asks (you) out" gets upset when she's turned down.

What Girls Said 2

• Dont be mad until you ask for an explanation. See if he thought it was a date too and that you won't accept it.

• I mean you guys weren't really together, so he can still date other girls - but you do have a right to be upset that he led you on like that. I'd move on quickly; if he pushed you aside that fast then he probably never was that interested as he put on.