Should age determine if you date someone?

So I am 20 and started to take interest in this 39 year old women is this weird? what could she want from a guy like me? Is she capable of having a real relationship with me? We really have a chemistry and things just kinda flow. she is a really cool person no kids never been married. she is everything I want in someone and she is pretty damn hot. I think what makes her even more hot is that she is mature and can actually hold adult conversations unlike girls my age. I way girls because they aren't women yet.

lol I don't know what I was tryin to say in the last sentence I appreciate everyones feed back.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• There's no "normal" or "acceptable" age range for dating. You're both adults and are perfectly capable of carrying out an adult relationship if that's what you both want. You seem to like some things about her maturity, and she probably likes some things about your younger age that sets you apart from single men her age. Basically, if you really like each other, that's lovely and more power to ya.

• Age only should be taken into consideration if the individual you like is under eighteen. Unless you're also under eighteen or near that age.

• That is a pretty big age gap but life is short go for what you want when you want it I say! It may be that if you guys had a relationship you may break up in the future, but that applies to any relationship regardless of age. Even if you do break up you have still had a nice time together if you both make it that way. Better then looking back at that stage of your life and thinking Oh I was alone a lot then, or I was with someone I was really miserable with then. People usually grown old regretting what they haven't done!

• age does matter to some more than others, I honestly think you are still very young she is like your mom. enjoy it now if you are both into it but I don't see future here.

• well let me put it this way, when I was 17 I had sex with a 35 year old and I'm not shy when it comes to older women they just love me :)

• Ifyou like each other then just go for it, you are the one that is going to date her not others

• Age is just a number so not really.

What Guys Said 2

• It's normal to be attracted to an older woman, since they are more comfortable with who they are and what they want out of life.

What could she want from a guy like you? It depends on the person/couple. Best guess, she probably wants to date a much younger guy "just to see what it's like."

Is she capable of having a real relationship with you? Yes. The odds are against such a relationship working out long term, but it is possible. I know couples who are 20 years apart or more, and they have been together for a long time.

"She is everything I want in someone."

It sounds a bit premature to be saying that. Get to know her a little better, then see if you still feel the same way.

• yes I agree that statement really was made under false pretense. yes I will give it a lot of time to decide it.

• Age doesn't matter anything like similar personalities or a common level of maturity. As long as you are both over 18, then age matters less than how you two click together.