Guys & Girls, Should I continue to date someone like this?

My girlfriend is really nice and pretty but we have a lot of issues that my friends say are deal breakers.

She is somewhat pessimistic, very sarcastic and kind of carries herself like she is "better than most people".

Other than that, she is very intelligent, sweet at times & very gorgeous.

For the most part we get along but just having a conversation with her is somewhat of awkward oppose to other people.

Could you date someone like this?

• Yeah.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I couldn't date someone like that, but that's only because I hate pessimists. I'm a realist and I can get annoyed by anyone who is not also a realist, but pessimists and cynics are definitely the worst. Sometimes I need optimists to show me the brighter side of life when I'm having a bad day.

I don't see a person who is sarcastic as a bad thing unless it's in extremes. And thinking that they're better than most people is okay as long as they're not putting me down or insinuating that they're better than me (or especially smarter than me, it pisses me off to no end). I can't be with someone who doesn't think of me as an equal. But if he thinks he's better than other people who are not me, I'm okay with that. Plus, you said she's nice. If they're mean or angry and they act like that, then there's no way. But if they're nice and have those flaws, it's not as big of a deal.

But in the end, it depends on the kind of person you are. If you like her and are able to see past her flaws, that's great and you should keep dating her. But if you're not able to see past her flaws, you might want to move on. Just remember that everyone has flaws so you kind of need to decide which ones you're able to tolerate and which ones you're not.

What Girls Said 8

• I couldn't date someone like that. Assuming you want a lasting relationship, their physical appeal should never be taken into consideration when trying to decide whether or not to end it. She sounds likes she has a superiority complex and is not a good communicator.

• What do you recommend I do? I want to make it work but I'm unsure.

• People has mentioned it to her in the past when she told me, She told me she was like that from the beginning of meeting her. I usually try to ignore it but at times it does get on my nerves but I never say it because I don't want to make her feel bad.

• I couldn't deal with that. But that's just me.

• That's kind of like me. If you like her sarcasm and her sardonic sense of humor and her intelligence and pride, don't bother what other people think about her. Personally, I refuse to date anyone with extremely lesser intelligence than me (anymore -_-;). Unfortunately for some people, intelligence usually comes with sarcasm and pride. I don't know about the whole pessimistic part, unless you mean she's a cynic.

Point blank: if you love her, ignore everyone else. If not, end it before she does.

• It only matters what you think? You were and are attracted to her. You mates could just be jealous! Don't break up with her until your sure.

• It only matters what you think, not what others think

• Shit, you just described me, except for "very gorgeous" part hah.

I don't know. I wouldn't date me if I were a guy, so I wouldn't suggest it to you either.

• Bish pleeease, I'd date you if I were I guy. Cause you're like me. And I'd totally date me. Cause I'm awesome. c:

• If it is awkward, or hard to have a conversation it's not right...no matter how much you love her it is impossible for it to work if you can't even talk.

• Pay attention to her and what's going on when she gets in one of her moods. She may feel threatened by someone or something and just gets defensive. If not then she just might think she is better. Talk to her. If she cares she will listen.

• The above mentioned negative traits are ones I don't appreciate, intelligence and looks can't hold the the relationship.

And you mentioned it is awkward talking as compared with others? Why would you want to date her then

What Guys Said 2

• If she's loving to you, sweet to you, treats you well and you two get along, then I don't see a problem.

• She's quite ideal.