Do you, or anybody you know, highly prefer not to, or even REFUSE, to date guys/girls within your own race?

Just a question I thought about when I researching interracial dating on the Internet.

1) Do you, or that person you know, have a strong preference and/or refusal, to date guys/girls within your own race/ethnic group?

2) Why do you, or that person you know, have this mindset? What happened to cause you/him/her to be "turned off" by people that share the same ethnicity as you?

--------

Feel free to use the numerical system introduced in this question. You can answer anonymously if you feel you need the protection to answer the question in detail and/or get personal.

Thanks for your input, everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a white guy who finds Hispanic, Asian (I mean all types of Asian plus south Asian like Indian etc), and middle eastern girls more attractive than white girls. I'm not usually attracted to most white girls so I don't see myself pursuing them. It's not that I would actively refuse to date them but I'm generally not interested very much at all. I'm also generally not attracted to pale skin tones which also may contribute a bit. I'm attracted to black girls too but on average not as much as Hispanic, asian, and middle eastern women but more than white girls on average.

Mine is more about perspective of beauty and nothing to do with cultural aspects or anything like that. I think I'm handsome though so it isn't like a racial hate thing or anything. I'm only anonymous because people seem to take preferences for self hate or some other institutionalized racism or whatever.

The irony is that I live primarily around other white people and have never been on an interracial date of any kind.

What Girls Said 4

• I know a guy like this. He is black and will not date black girls. Nobody would care but he seems to feel the need to announce it all the time, like it's supposed to hurt our feelings. We don't care, he is ugly. I think it's because he's been rejected so many times he ended up hurt and bitter. I'm not trying to be rude but this dude really is unattractive and his personality is lame. He claims he won't date black girls because we are all ghetto and rude and uneducated, but the girls who are from upper/middle class families that go to good schools will not date him either. He's just fug and mad about it lol

• No, I haven't met anyone like that. Tho more girls seem to go for white guys in my school

• No, none of my friends have any issues with dating their own race.

• I'm Asian and I don't want to date Asian guys. I think this has to do with the fact that I grew up in a primarily (like 95%) white town. And those are the guys that I prefer. Also, despite being 100% Asian, I'm very tall, Asian men tend to be on the shorter side. Also most Asian guys in my school are really nerdy and I'm very athletic. My "criteria" for dating a guy is that they HAVE to be taller than me and they HAVE to be more athletic than I am. Most Asian guys don't fit that, so I don't find them attractive.

But, on the other side; do white guys find Asian girls to be attractive?

• Whats with the 2 down? lol its not like I have anything against my own race, its just that I don't find them attractive..

• if you don't find them attractive, then you don't find YOU attractive because you guys share the same basic features.

• Why do you take offense to this? It's not that they aren't attractive, its that I PERSONALLY don't find them attractive. LIke I said it's probably because of where I came from.

What Guys Said 3

• for your educational stuff, I like this issue.i am a guy, me Asian Chinese, my preference is white or east European. I see that they are attractive, I don't want to date my own race. there is issue that different culture, it make us so difficult to approach them.

2. one of ethnic refuse date other race, cause they are tyring to avoid problem like different culture and also insecurity example Asian , not have great height or body size, they feel insecure.

• I don't like to approach Latin girls (as in girls with the Latin look) despite being Latin myself. I just don't find them very attractive, with maybe a handful of exceptions.

• I've never met a person like that.