Wanting to send her this text, but want to make sure I'm not related to anything negative in her life?

So it's Father's Day in the UK and this girl I like, who I flirt with, doesn't have a dad due to losing him when she was younger.

I was wanting to send a nice text saying that he'll be looking down on her thinking what an amazing daughter he has, but I heard somewhere that I should AVOID being 'associated/related' to negative parts of a girls life. So is it best to avoid this or send?

Also, the our last conversation went like this two days ago:

HER - I hear congratulations are in order (this being aimed at my tweet that I passed my degree)

ME - You're invited to celebrate with me. Dress code - a smile must be worn at all times

HER - As always

ME - yeah

ME - Revoked your invited until you produce me a smile (I accidentally sent send, should have been all one text)

She seemed a little off for some reason, maybe it's because I haven't asked her out but I will be during contact soon. Now, even if you tell me it's a good idea to send that message about her dad, I'd be sending THREE texts in a row. I don't want to come off desperate.

So, would it be better to just leave the idea and wait for her to initiate with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• That message could get a very negative reaction' she might not be over grieving for her dad.

On the other hand, she might really appreciate your remembering him.

So,unless you've already discussed Father's Day and how she is feeling about it, sending the message would be a really big risk.

And, as you say, three in a row!

• This was when she was younger it happened and I did a similar one about her grandad, she took it well.

Instead of a text, I could send it as a Facebook message? I could consider sending it if she tweets about it in a positive way.

• She seemed to take it well, she replied "You don't know how much that means, thank you babe."

Not sure if I'm over thinking this, but my message had an x at the end, hers didn't and had a full stop instead.. Usually I associate a full stop to being off/angry with me but kind of confused. This was a Facebook message by the way. Not sure whether I should let her re-initiate our text conversations.

• I'd say it's in her court now. See if she liked your message well enough to start talking to you again.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it would be a nice thing to say if that was me, as for liking her, try to look for the right signs. Coming off as too pushy, could push her in a different direction. Let her know you'll be taking her. Girls like to know this, sometimes if you wait too long for a surprise,...well, let's just say girls can be impatient.

• Thanks for the reply! I do want to send it, but it'd technically be three replies in a row and I wouldn't want to appear desperate. Suppose I could send it her on Facebook as a message instead of a text..

• update - She seemed to take it well, she replied "You don't know how much that means, thank you babe."

What Guys Said 1

• It's best if you initiate things.

• Keen insight, right? Meaningless, basically?

Clang! The voice of Aercz resounds again!