First time dating an American guy, question on male/female friendship and boundaries?

This is my first time dating an American guy. I am not sure about what's appropriate and inappropriate in American culture. In my culture, guys and girls can still be friendly but you don't touch another guy/girl that you are not in a relationship with. Here, I guess it's normal if my boyfriend puts his arm around his female friend's shoulder, pats her on the back etc? I guess I'm not comfortable with the whole touching thing but I don't want to come out as crazy and push him away. Any advice?

Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Well It all depends, for example I was raised to not be a touchy person at all. You should probably be OK with holding hands, hugging that's not prolonged(1-2 minutes), and him having his hand over her shoulder. If you want to feel more secure you should try to be friends with his female friends.

What Guys Said 1

• You should just tell himt hat you're not comfortable with his actions.

What Girls Said 1

• I think that's normal. Just try to have a conversation with him and discuss the cultural differences that you have.