How would you feel about dating someone that just graduated college?

So my friend just started dating this guy that graduated in May. She will be a senior this fall. I told her that I thought it was a bad idea for them to start something. She is interning near our college this summer, but they are still 90 minutes away from one another and will be the same distance apart once the school year starts in the fall. He also has a very demanding job in the financial industry so his hours will probably be insane.

I feel bad because he seems like a nice guy and my friend hasn't had the best luck with men recently, but this just seems destined to fail. What are your thoughts on dating someone who has graduated while you're still in school?

Most Helpful Girl

• If they're up for the long-distance, then I see no problem with this.

Even if it does fail for one reason or another, it's not really your concern, now is it. Who your friend dates is her personal choice and surely if she's mature enough to date she's aware of all the possible outcomes of such a relationship and has decided to go for it anyways.

In fact I was in this same boat last year, my boyfriend graduated and moved to a different city. Sure it was hard at times, but it was worth it. We're better than ever and moving in together in the fall.

• Obviously she can make her own decisions, but she is one of my best friends and I don't want her to get hurt again like she has in the past. It's not like they had already been dating for a year and then he graduated. I'm worried that she never liked him that much in the first place. I hate seeing her put herself through this, but I guess there is nothing I can do about it.

• Well, if she never liked him that much anyways, she's not going to be that hurt when things don't work out either, right? Nothing to worry about :)

What Girls Said 2

• i would do it, I like older boys, also if I have a lot of things to do during the week it would be better because I would finish everything and enjoy him during the weekend

• i would love to, aparently he has a great future ahead of him

What Guys Said 1

• There's nothing wrong with that, but the schedule would just be pretty hectic.