Girls: Would you ever date a guy who had less life experience than you?

This question is aimed more at girls who are in their 20's.

Would you ever date a guy who was less experienced in life than you. Limited life experience includes:

- no dating experience

- still a virgin

- hasn't moved out yet, not ever

- hasn't gotten his driving licence yet

- hasn't travelled a lot or been on a lot of holidays

If you girls have done all of the stuff listed above, and any others you can think of, would you still date a guy that has done none of the things mentioned?

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't become attracted to someone because of what they have done, its because of who they are. anyways at uni a lot of kids live at home, or in dorms. dorms are like being at home. yore not living their because you're responsible and paying rent or anything.

i don't like cars. I think we should have efficient public transportation and end individual cars,

its just spending excessive amounts of money to create tons of pollution and take up way too much space and cause accidents- of which one is too many.

not everyone has an opportunity to travel -big deal. and maybe he works or studies alot. that's attractive.

i don't date so it doesn't bother me, id actually find that attractive. like he's not desperate. same with being a virgin.

What Girls Said 19

• Girls: Would you ever date a guy who had less life experience than you?

No as in my experiences and observations I find guys who tend to have little life experience especially virgins/no dating experience are resentful, bitter, or misogynistic as well as arrogant thinking the only possible reason for their romantic/sexual 'failures' is they're (too) nice and I'm not interested in that.

• What if he wasn't any of the things you listed in your answer?

• Why would you have not gotten to know he wasn't any of those things? Why wouldn't you stay and find out if he isn't any of those things? It's a big assumption to make.

• I wouldn't have gotten to know if he wasn't any of those things because in my experiences/observations the guy almost always is.

It's not a big assumption since I'm not assuming he's any of the things listed. I am deciding it's not worth my time or effort to stick around and find out if he is and isn't.

• No, I would see him as less developed. A guy like that would probably be better off dating a girl in the same circumstances

• Even if you were very much attracted to him and he was boyfriend material?

• His lack of life experiences would show in his personality. People like that often come off as naive or soft. I don't like soft guys. So no I probably wouldn't be into him. He can be boyfriend material for someone else

• My boyfriend (before we started dating) had never kissed/dated/slept with a girl, didn't have his driver's licence, and was planning on moving back home and just staying there after college. Obviously, I changed these things. Well, he still doesn't have his licence, but if we graduate and we're still together we'll move in together.

If you don't have a job/college education and live with your parents, I wouldn't date you. I need someone who can be an adult, even if you have to be forced into it. I don't know what traveling has to do with anything. That all depends on how much money you/your parents have.

• I don't think just because you live with your parents it doesn't make you an adult. What if the guy just doesn't have the financial stability to be able to live by himself?

• Part of being an adult is being financially stable and independent. If you were just out of college and were staying with them until you found a good job and could move out then yeah (like it's clearly a temporary situation and you're working to be able to move out). If you just can't find any job (even on minimum wage you could move out with a roommate) then you're just kind of pathetic.

• YES! I want a virgin guy so badly but it's hard to find that at my age - hopefully I will find a guy with a minimal number of girlfriends - like one or 2 in his lifetime.

• If he hasn't gotten his drivers license yet and has no dating experience then no. Just shows he isn't a motivated person . I'd be lenient with the virgin thing because maybe he has certain beliefs and I must respect that. If he hasn't traveled then cool, we can travel together lol. If he doesn't move out of his parents his not ever then that's a problem too. I want a man, not a helpless boy who I would have to take care of later in life.

• yes my boyfriend is younger, a uni student living at home, no dating experience, was a v when I met him and limited social experience. I don't care, doesn't change the way I feel.

• um, I don't have my license and I didn't move out and I have never had an actual job either.

As long as the guy is awkward and coo coo crazy, dating is fine. Nothing more though.

• I think the only thign I wouldn't like is him not having a drivers licence, like if you have a car you can use then why not get it. unless its economical which I would understand.

• He'll yes! You either feel the spark or not regardless of what they have or haven't done. I would take it as I get to show you parts of this world that you don't know. People go through life at their own pace , and that's nothing to hold against them.

• Out of that list, I am OK with everythingelse except for the moving out part (esp. if he intends to stay at his parents' forever) and the lack of a driving licence.

• Doesn't matter if he still lives at home and can't drive or is unexperienced in bed, he treats me right and maybe that experience can grow ;)

• I don't know. By that age I'd think you're lacking initiative.

• Probably not. Even if I'm not really experienced myself, a guy who hasn't traveled or at least dated is unattractive to me.

• I don't know. I like a man who knows what he is doing, exp in bed.

• No, I want a man, not a boy. I haven't travelled a lot but I have my license, v-card gone, dating experience and more.

• No I can't stand being with someone who doesn't have a license unless he's within walking distance then that's OK. And everything else is fine. I've been to 10 diff countries including Australia and I live in The USA but if the guys I date can't afford It I don't judge them

• it would be a bummer if I had to drive on every date... does this guy at least know how to ride a bike? lol.

• No dating experience? Yes

Still a virgin? Yes!

Hasn't moved out yet? ...what's your reasoning and how old is he?

No licence? No. Learn to drive. I am not your taxi.

No travel experience? Yes.

• I would date him because we will be in the same circumstances.

What Guys Said 1