Who has dated someone they met on the internet? How did that go?

and what sites did you meet them on?

Did you have sex with them? etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• OKCupid: I made my first legitimate attempt to date a woman in my adult life just a couple of months ago.

The relationship lasted for almost 2 months. We got as far as first base, but we lacked physical attraction for each other I think (she claimed it was something about two indecisive people being unable to have a long lasting relationship and also that she felt pressured -even though our first kiss was on date #5, but I think it was because she is on the heavier side whereas I am on the lighter side and we are almost the same height).

I haven't really tried to reach out to any girl since then because I am currently unemployed (see link from link )

I will start dating again when I have another job. In the meantime I have been focusing on working out and trying to improve my overall attractiveness.

What Girls Said 7

• i use online dating. met my hubby (soon to be ex.) over 13 yrs. ago...had the proper dating ritual, engaged, big wedding...children family... all was well and good...seemed like it would be a happily ever after story...

i am on it now, but seem very different from 13 yrs. ago.

i have no picture on, but I do have a few guys message me...maybe when I am ready, then I will redo my profile. for now...just have fun.

• My cousin met her husband online in a Metallica online group, they chatted for years, and then she went to see him to Canada but I don't know if they had sex

• I met my ex boyfriend on chatroulette! Not a site I would generally use for dating. But he was from Brazil and I live in New Zealand. He flew over to be with me but we weren't keen on a long distance relationship so that was the only thing that broke us up.

It was nice to know there are genuinely nice guys on chatroulette though! Hahah

• you let him move in with you?

• Well for one, you shouldn't be hiding behind anonymous :P

• embarrassed

• met my boyfriend on 2ch tanuki. it's an underground gossip forum. I met a few bandmen through it before...

• I recently found a guy from POF, and we just had our 2nd date this past Saturday, I'm not having sex with him because I'm waiting til marriage, but he and I really want to take time to get to know each other, I think things are looking good though.

• So you threw away OKC for POF?

Any reasons?

• How does that work!

• It's gross, and I usually block them without replying

• A cousin has done it but I wouldn't do it. I guess I'm a little old fashioned.

• I met a few boyfriends on a dating site, plentyoffish.

I got a lot of dates from that site, a few boyfriends. None went well or lasted long.

I had a Match profile as well, at that time. Got a few dates, no boyfriends.

Took down my profiles a couple of years ago.

What Guys Said 8

• I tried this once, years back just on a dare. The girl wasn't nearly as attractive as her picture showed..she had gained a lot of weight since that picture. That was for openers.

It wasn't just that she was heavy, but that she would deceive people so readily, even when she couldn't get away with it once you met her..! So not too intelligent, either.

Naturally that didn't put me in a good mood, right from the start.

Then whe kept wanting information on my car. And money. Tried probing with questions like my golf handicap...

Then talked about a recent boyfriend who had retired at 40 with a ton of money.. So she's venal and calculating, dating a guy twice her age..

You get the picture. This wouldn't have happened in real life, because I would have picked up the vibes and not bothered 'dating'.

• What a ****.

Maybe I should just do the cold approach in real-life, and forget all this pseudo-online nonsense.

• Mostly you will find this sort of experience. I mean , sure, some people get lucky, but they'd get lucky putting up pictures of people they know on the wall and throwing darts to select whom to date..

I think it's a lot less time wasted by just approaching people you find attractive! If they like you and aren't available, maybe they'll set you up with someone. This won't happen online.

• Best Answer, right?

• Online dating has been pretty awful for me.

First it is a lot of work. There are many women that seem interesting and I send them a message and the chances of receiving a response is like one and 10. Of the conversations I have struck up about one and 10 of those actually can hold a conversation and isn't just me asking 50 questions.

Of all the girls I have contacted(hundreds upon hundreds) and able to have meaningful conversations and that lead to setting up a date I've only ever actually met 3 with one saying someone she knows suffered an injury and the other just plain stopped talking to me.

So yeah. I tolerate it but I have little hope in it actually leading to any success. Also every single girl I met online has been misleadingly overweight with their profile pictures. While I find obesity unattractive I give them a chance anyways and I only ever actually dated one more than once and only slept with that one.

• Haha YES!

Almost every girl lists her size as "average" or "curvy" when she's pushing 200 pounds... WHO THE F*** ARE THEY KIDDING?

• I married one.

• I used to be on Pof. Think I met 7 and had sex with 5. Could've been double figures if I had no standards. I was seeing a couple of them though. Although I haven't been on there for awhile I'm actually seeing one of the girl I initially met through there.

• You realize a lot of those pictures are old, or edited to paint their subjects in a better light? It's not really worth the trouble.

• I had a girl move up to Alaska from florida in 2009 from Myspace. She thought I was some damous musician. We almost got married. That was a disaster

Then I met a girl on Facebook from anchorage.

That didn't work out

• how did you meet them?

• 90% of the girls I've dating have been from online.

All from okcupid.

I had sex with a little more than half of them.

• Creepy

• I heard that moderately attractive women get like 30 messages a week or something crazy like that.

I have NEVER gotten a single intro message from any chick on OKC. I make it a point to give any chick who cold approached me a chance at a date because I don't think it will EVER happen.

• Good for you.

I've only had 3 or 4 girls messages me first - and it STILL turned out to be a bust.

• I had one for about 4 weeks. I met her on Meetme, and she lived in Maine, so obviously she and I missed the physical aspect of the relationship. We broke up because she and I had a hard time agreeing on most things.