Do you text first or refuse to text until they text you?

I just want to ge the communities views on this subject. As the title stated, when speaking to the opposite sex or significant other do you text first or let them text you first? Me personally I will not usually text someone unless they text me first. To many times have I gotten the wrong impression on a girl who never really wanted anything to do with me, my mistake right? Although its quite annoying when girls can act fake instead of being upfront in the first place. What do you guys do?

Most Helpful Girl

• In terms of a significant other, I don't mind texting first but I do like there to be a balance. I wouldn't like texting first all the time, in fear of thinking that they're not as keen to talk to me. Opposite sex in general, I don't care. I usually don't bother with people anymore because they never bothered with me ever. So I stopped texting them first and they never text me again so I just gave up and I only speak to people who actually bother with me and text me first (which is next to none), who show an interest in me and are keen to talk to me.

What Girls Said 3

• I text first, but if I do it a lot and the guy doesn't talk to me then I stop initiationg convesations till he does one.

• I let the guy initiate the texting

• It should go back and forth. When I first meet a guy I am more likely to let him take the initiative in contacting me. Once I know he's interested, and I'm interested, I'll start contacting him more. I'm engaged now and we take turns sending messages. If I send him one in the morning telling him to have a good day and love you, then the next day I'll wait and let him send me one instead.

What Guys Said 0