Difference between dating and being in a relationship?

i'm talking about online dating here. how is it different to being boyfriend and girlfriend?

Updates:
what if the guy and girl have already said that they have feelings for each other?

0|0
2|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating is just about getting acquainted. There's no shared commitment involved.

Being a real time boyfriend/girlfriend involves mutual decisions on being exclusive, and usually follows a period of getting to know each other face-to-face, not just online chatting.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Some thing, one just sounds more serious.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If they have only spoken online then can't be real feelings. If they have been seeing each other for some time and they have feelings, then the next step is to be a couple.

0|0
    0|0
    • I see your point, but I gotta disagree. Just because they've only talked online doesn't mean they can't have developed feelings for each other. Who are we to say that what they're feeling isn't real?

• You can have A feeling about someone online but real feelings are developed over time of being together!

• Dating is when you're seeing someone just getting to know each other! Trying each other on if you like. A relationship is when you have both decided you want to be together and have feelings for each other.

0|0
    0|0