I give up... anyone have any good advice?

I just don't understand it. I can't get a girl that I like, but have several women interested in me that I am not interested in. It is NOT that I only like what I can't get because one of the girls I always liked but couldn't get, started dating me and I was the happiest person on the planet. I, literally don't think anyone in the world could have been happier than me, when I dated this one girl for 2 months, before she decided she just wanted to be friends.

I am not bragging because there is something about me that makes women unattracted to me, but I am told I am very good looking (just not tall), very successful, smart, well traveled, in great shape, active, healthy, and just a quality nice guy. I've dated girls purely for sex in the past and I know they have loved it, but any girl I've dated seriously has always made sex a low priority which wasn't compatible with my sex drive. I'm courteous, respectful, and very polite but there is something about me that the women I like, just don't like.

I just want to be in a relationship where I can cuddle next to someone every night, have sex a few times a week, and also with them, participate in the athletic activities I love. I just don't get it why I can't find someone. The one girl who I really felt compatible with as we see things the same way and love the same activities, I mentioned before that I dated for a few months, I've known her for over a decade and I would give anything to be with her. I literally would, I'd give millions of dollars to be with her. The most frustrating part is that she's single, lonely, wants to meet someone to settle down with and have kids. I just want to find someone to be happy with because it is really bringing down the rest of my life.

Any input or feedback is much appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is pretty common for many people. I too had that problem for years. The women I had interest in had absolutely no interest in me while the women who did have interest in me, I had no interest in them.

The thing is, for a successful relationship to begin and flourish both have to reciprocate each others feelings. If that doesn't happen, then there's not going to be a connection. Sometimes its hard to actually find someone that you are genuinely interested in who shares that same interest in you.

The sad thing is, there's really no easy way to find them, so perseverance and patience is going to have to be key. You already experienced what its like when the two are mutually interested in each other. So sorry it didn't last. The thing is you found it once already, so that in itself is testament that it does happen and if its happened before, it will happen again. You're just going to have to keep looking and be patient.

What Girls Said 2

• I have this same problem! The guys I don't like, like me and the ones I do like, don't like me. Ugh, dating!

• You sound really nice and maybe if you try talk to the girl you like and try showing her the side of you you just explained she would be more interested.

What Guys Said 1

• It must be that you're not going out with a lot of guys lately. Must be hard.