How do you know if a guy is over his ex girlfriend?

I live with him and things are slowing down between us. He won't take me out anymore and he keep lying to me about him and his ex girlfriend... Text messages he throw her off by hinting he with me...she calls at 1am and he answers the phone and tell her goodnight... She comes to his job and they have long conversations and my friend say he seen them in the car kissing. He refuse to let me speak with her or text her or get her number...he tells me he gone beat her *** in a text message when he see her but always end up doing the opposite...in person it's different...I can tell it in his voice when she calls and he answers the phone. I talked to him about this and he said she was just a ****. I asked him kindly to remove conversation because its bothering our relationship. He said no and I said do you love her? He said why? I said where she stay at? He said he don't know. It seems more people know what's going on about these two. He actually been going to her house. They both been together for 7 years and I been living with him for 7 months. He don't mention me at all unless he beside me. I don't know what to do...she even been over here while I was away...he won't let anyone touch her or being drama to her about him..she can call him crying and he will get up out the bed an listen to her heart or go see her in the middle of the night. She has his nickname on her social page and he said that name is gonna stay there as long as she want it to...he even has pictures of her still in the phone...what he says in the text messages to her seems like a lie that don't go with phone conversations.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow! Why are you dealing with all of this "ex drama" if you are in a relationship and he cares and love you he would not be doing half the things he's doing, you didn't say it but the way I took it was he gets defensive when you try to talk about her and I believe If someone get defensive they are hiding thing!

But another thing is you are allowing him to have this open relationship, he is pushing your buttons to see how far he can go! And also honestly what guy wouldn't mind having two girls chase him, so at the end of the day it's just how much you can handle can you be the girl he loves but he's not in love with and are you ready to Share his heart with this girl,

And I hope he hasn't cheated but I don't want to assume anything but it sounds like he's cheating!

But anther thing you could do it's have a serious talk with him you need to let him know you won't stay with him if this keep up and if you can't say it to his face or he isn't listening then write he a letter! But at the end of the day it's if you can handle having half of your man with you or if you set him straight and you see a change and you can trust him but if not its time to break it off! No one in a Relationship should have to deal with any of the stuff you have been dealing with.

What Guys Said 3

• You just wrote half an essay about how this guy acts around ANOTHER GIRL. He's not over her and if not because he's not acting this way around you, because of the evidence you just provided

• Why are you still with him :-/

• "Who's stupid here? is I'm being too stupid" Oh, that's rich!

What Girls Said 4

• You are being totally played. You are the sure thing here. Whilst he is busy rebuilding his relationship with his ex-girlfriend, you are the sure thing that he comes home to. He is letting this other girl dictate his life. Break up with him and move on as he isn't worth your time or love. He is not acting like a man in love with you. He is devoting so much time and effort to his ex-girlfriend and devoting more or less nothing to you. Show him the door and do it NOW.

• Red Flag, he's clearly not over her.

• I think you need to break up with him.

• I don't think he's over her.