Should I send her anonymous flowers?

I've had a crush on my long standing best friend for a long while now (she's a girl, I'm not) which is something that I didn't plan on telling her for the next 3 months. Since she's currently working as an intern at my work and I didn't want to make things awkward for her.

However she's soon be going on a second date with this guy she recently met and even though she's been with other guys before while I had that crush, I don't want to see her with another guy again. The most important to thing to me is that she's happy, but if possible then please be happy with me :)

Anyways, I don't really know if she's into me or not. Sometimes I get the idea that she's waiting for me and she's really flirty. Tries to figure out what type of girl I usually date and if I'm dating etc, while she also sees other guys during some of her 'dating sprees'. (She goes out dating for a while and then she just won't like guys anymore for a month of 2.)

Anyhow. I've been thinking about sending her anonymous flowers, with a message like 'Someone is waiting for you out there' or something like that, just to see if she would connect me to it. Since I'm not sure if she actually ever given us being together any thought and if she would connect me to it then she would at least give it an idea so she won't be totally speechless if I ever decide to let her know it was me.

So my question to you girls is, what would you think if you received your favorite flowers with such a message, what do you think I should write down and more imporantly, should I even do it at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• You just said you're not telling her because you don't want it to be awkward at work. So you'll send anonymous flowers hoping she'll link it to you. So why is that different? If she links it to you, she'll know you like her and it could get awkward anyway. So sending her flowers hoping she'll link them to you instead of telling her straightforward you like her just to make things not awkward is not really a good plan.

Plus, if she doesn't link them to you, it won't get you anywhere and you lost the money you spent on the flowers. She could even think the guy she's dating sent them to her and that could bring them closer.

My advice? Just let her know you like her, it doesn't need to make things awkward per se and she'll know for sure it's you and not someone random.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think your message will come across as you eant it too, its a nice gesture but for me it says that I will find a guy somday, not that one already wants to be with me.

• I think its a really sweet gesture, you should do it.

What Guys Said 3

• If you like someone, who cares about awkward? Sign your name. If she likes you, she won't get upset abou. t the work situation/ Most likel the internship is short term and then, no more problem, anyway.

In the meantme, she's quite likely going to get into a relationship with one of the many guys she apparently dates, if you don't get a move on here!

• No, that's a terrible idea.

Most likely she won't guess its you, or she'll assume its the guy she's dating.

If by some chance she figures out its you, it will be just as awkward as if you'd asked her out, except 10x worse since you'll have shown yourself to be a weird fantasy-relationship-in-his-head freak.

Just ask her out, or let it go.

• I did something similar only it wasn't anonymous, worst mistake of my entire life!

Only do it if you are absolutely 100% she likes you